Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a lower than stock windscreen. If I push my self up while riding to get my helmet (RF-1200) into the air stream, the noise level is significantly reduced. Most of the threads on this forum are about tall riders needing a higher windscreen. I'm 5'-6". There was a old thread that mentioned a seller on ebay that had some short Chinese-made windscreens, but that seller no longer has windscreens. Any thoughts?

Nick

·
Registered
77 Posts
I cut off the upward curving lip so that the top of the screen is now level with the fairing. I think the air flow is cleaner, and I prefer the look. I still have an original screen, and occasionally swap back and there is a noticeable difference in air flow. I much prefer the cut down screen. I'm 5'7. Also I have bar risers but my bars are rotated forward so I have quite a long stretch over the tank - again, just personal preference.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Really..it is such a nice, flat, clean cut! I'm also curious as to how you got it so nice?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just used a fine toothed handsaw and then sanded and filed to get nice and smooth. The material is pretty easy to work with, if you take it easy. I must admit I was aided by the fact that I picked up the screen 2nd hand for almost nothing so I wasn't risking destroying the only screen I had!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm 6'1" and HATED the higher screen that was on my ST when i got it. I picked up a stock height one and was MUCH happier with that. The buffeting now hits me in the higher chest than right in the face. Being that you are a couple inches less than me, that lower screen my be just the trick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts