Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I set off with the idea that I'd shoot a time lapse of the sunset on the bay with the bike in front and city behind, all magical and stuff. Canon 7D, check! Time lapse remote, tripod, lenses, check! Burger and a soda, check! But the closer I get to the spot up on the hill, the foggier and colder it becomes!

This was NOT what I expected to see!! Where is the sun?! :mad: But I kept on going, determined to find my sunset photo.

I cut off to a little road through the trees away from the bay, and some rays were breaking through the fog.

All right! I can deal with this. :D I explore on for a bit and saw some really amazing fog rolling over the hills from where I'd just ridden!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I parked and decided to do a short time lapse:

https://vimeo.com/46344527

The sunset was pretty amazing :)

The loneliest tree is watching the sunset with me:

And thus ends my quick ride. More to come for sure!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I did the pan in post (shot larger video and translated it in After Effects). I just took my Canon 7D with a 10-22mm, a 28-135mm, and a small Manfrotto tripod. I can't wait to get back out there and take more pix!

·
Administrator
12,487 Posts
Very nice photos. Does the 7D have a feature to do the time lapse or did you do that in post?

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Thanks for sharing, nice bike and beautiful photos to complement the bike.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice photos. Does the 7D have a feature to do the time lapse or did you do that in post?
The 7D doesn't have a time lapse mode, and although I brought an intervalometer to do it, I just ended up shooting video and speeding it up. The clouds were moving insanely fast :)

·
Still needs a life.
12,616 Posts
I don't have the nerve to take my 7D riding. It stays at home while my Rebel XSi goes on rides.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts