Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joined a few ducsters for a romp around our favorite mountian here in the Seattle area, we started early to get a jumpstart on traffic and were rewarded with spectacular views and quiet road traffic.

0515 start point at Ducati Seattle

The weather is turning on us and it's starting to really feel like summer is over, the air temp cooled down to *35F at Chinook Pass -brrrrr! That's me in the middle blowing warm air onto my hands, my gloves are resting on the exhaust pipes to heat them up!

Lineup of most of the bikes, there were 16 riders total and you can just see the two StreetFighters at the end. I was playing sweep position most of the day.

Here's a flyby of the group,...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNWlOP_xg0I

How do you like my riding style? That's rb_duc kicking at me :eek:

Mt Rainier in all her glory :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It was a 300 mile day for me and I am finding the SF very comfortable on these type rides, the seat is perfect and my neck/wrists don't get a workout like on the 1098S. The only issue for winter riding is no fairings so I will have to turn the heated gear up to 100% on cold days.

Here's rb_duc's SF

The two hooligan bikes...

Reverse angle...

My SF under bodyguard protection :cool:

Many props to Ducati for producing this bike, it's A LOT of fun to ride :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sweet. Nice Pictures and great fly by!!!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Bong ..... looks like a great ride, sorry I was overseas, I would have loved to tag along. Excellent photos! thanks for posting

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
still waiting for mine bong!!wish i could be in these rides with you but greece is far far away!! :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bong, I'll make you a deal. If you come down to San Diego, you can have my 1198S for a day, if you let me ride your SF if I ever go up to Seattle?

99* degree's today. :D
Oh man don't rub it in! Yes you can ride my SF anytime, I'll even show you some of our nicer roads up here. :)

still waiting for mine bong!!wish i could be in these rides with you but greece is far far away!! :)
You are going to love riding your SF - post pics of your rides when you get a chance!!

·
Flying Brit
1,809 Posts
I travel to Tacoma every week from Georgia and see Mt Ranier out of my window and always wonder what it would be like to ride my Ducati round it...now I know! I"ll have to bring my bike one time but I noticed that after some great weather it got much cooler today. I'll be back again next week. Thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd be happy to show you some of the nicer routes around the Mt Rainier and Mt St Helens!

Bring your heated gear as the pass temps were down to *35F last sunday :eek:

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
I travel to Tacoma every week from Georgia and see Mt Ranier out of my window and always wonder what it would be like to ride my Ducati round it...now I know! I"ll have to bring my bike one time but I noticed that after some great weather it got much cooler today. I'll be back again next week. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Looks like you have a spare bike or 8 that you could leave up at Tacoma!

·
Flying Brit
1,809 Posts
Looks like you have a spare bike or 8 that you could leave up at Tacoma!
:D thats tempting although my current project gives me zero downtime unless I spend the weekend over... I would have to bring the family!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts