Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since the bike came with a new looking Shorai battery when I bought it this summer, I really don't know how old it is. It worked great until the cold weather hit, but there might have been a couple of factors at work creating problems. I replaced the starter wiring set, the voltage regulator/rectifier with the unit from CA Cycleworks, and new coils from them as well. The bike just would not start, at first when cold, and then never without a jump from a booster charger. I got the special Shorai battery tender charger, but probably too late - the battery would charge to 12.5, but it had no "oomph" behind it. No errors from the charger were indicating, I thought it was supposed to be smart? A new Shorai battery today and all the issues are gone, starts well cold, and within a 1/10 of second when warm - can't even push the starter button all the way in before it is running. Lets see in a couple of days whether the starter sprag clutch still has any issues with a strong battery, or if the alternator is up to the job still.

So I see some numbers, lot numbers and serial numbers, but no date code on the old battery. Anyone know how to decipher those? I suppose I will send the info to Shorai customer service and see what they say even though I did not buy just the battery, the battery does look absolutely new like most of the new/old stock parts that came on my bike. The wires nuts and bolts all look new, like they have been inside a wooden crate in a warehouse in California for 25 years, which is pretty much the history of the bike.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Can't more than 5 years as their web site says they were founded in 2010.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And they announced a 3-year pro-rated warranty retroactive to their very first ones made. I filled out their customer service form, will post back what they say. I bought another Shorai anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts