Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi~!!

Just cant stop buying stuff for my bike ~!!!

Thinking of changing the stock front fender to Carbonfiber ~! Also decided

to buy the rear one at the same time ~ thought it will give more balanced

looked to the bike ~ by having both the front and the rear in Carbon fiber!

As of now ! I need some other peoples opinion !!! Does it look OK???

it costs $980 for two parts ~

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not a fan of that rear fender imo its too big. but that just my opinion buy what you like

i like and own the shift tech small inner rear fender, their carbon is top notch and im sure you could get both pieces for much less

http://www.shift-tech-carbon.com/shop/
I think I made a wise decision , posting a thread before I made the purchase!

Thanks a lot for the web site!!!! I 'll check it out ~!! about the rear fender~

I kindda thought it was little big too !!!! ^^

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Looks like a "desmo-want-to-be" part. To me those fenders do not compliment the 999 lines or 848/1098. To big and bulky in my view.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Looks like a "desmo-want-to-be" part. To me those fenders do not compliment the 999 lines or 848/1098. To big and bulky in my view.
+1

·
Registered
21 Posts
I personally love it...where did you find that?!??!?!?!?! Im buying one!

·
Registered
857 Posts
for $1000, here is my upgrade list:
1. Sell your stock wheels and buy Magnesium/Forged Alum wheels
2. Get a ohlins/Penske rear shock and get your suspension setup
3. Buy tires,track body-work, sliders,register for a track day

my 3 cents

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
I'm sure you are leaning away from the cf examples you posted. Way too much dough for them and in my opinion way too massive. I like the Nibbler's advice of purchasing some forged black aluminum Marchesinis, not the ones that come on later stock 999s, i'm talking the ones (if you can find them) that came on the 999R. Believe it or not I ran into a set of these and sold them here for a very reasonable price of around $900 shipped to the east coast. I think shipping alone cost $113, so I sold the wheels for around $800. I don't think you'll find them that cheap, but you might get lucky and you can help defer the cost by selling your grey wheels. Not only will the lighter wheels make your bike perform better, they look 10 times better than the grey ones.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Those CF pieces are BEEFY as hell...it definately looks different...
don't know yet whether that's a good thing or not without seeing both on the bike....but it's definately BEEFY looking!!!

I love CF (I don't know why), but I do...I CF as much as I can afford, but on my Repsol & Ducati I chose NOT to CF the front fender because of the definate color break from front to rear...(the cf front fender, to me, looks weird on the front), although I had done this to my RSVR and it looked fine...

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,715 Posts
I love the rear hugger that Martin from Motowheels provided a picture of. The smallness of that piece is perfect on the 999R.

bingo

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those CF pieces are BEEFY as hell...it definately looks different...
don't know yet whether that's a good thing or not without seeing both on the bike....but it's definately BEEFY looking!!!

I love CF (I don't know why), but I do...I CF as much as I can afford, but on my Repsol & Ducati I chose NOT to CF the front fender because of the definate color break from front to rear...(the cf front fender, to me, looks weird on the front), although I had done this to my RSVR and it looked fine...
Hey ~!! I had the exact same thought!!! By having CF front fender breaks the

overall "RED" color scheme ~!!! I should reconsider the CF front & rear fenders!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts