Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a shop in the New York City area that can modify/suggest or otherwise change my stock fork set-up on my 2009 GT 1000. I can't for the life of me find anyone through usual searches.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can't say enough of those guys there. They have set up the suspensions on both my Paul Smart and my MV 910R and the bikes are night and day. Great guys that have been in the business for a long time and really know what they are doing. An hour north of the ciy.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the referral! Wow an hour outside of NYC? How do you drop-off/Pick-up your bike when having work done?

·
Registered
674 Posts
I am bringing my bike to Jack Trebor in NJ today but i got a van. only about 40 miles from the GWB. They pick up also for a fee.

·
Registered
444 Posts
country joe at trebour is a good guy and i would use them for routine service, but ecs has more experience with reworking suspensions.

i usually hang out and eat pizza while they perform the work.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
country joe at trebour is a good guy and i would use them for routine service, but ecs has more experience with reworking suspensions.

i usually hang out and eat pizza while they perform the work.
LOL...thanks for the tip froggert although I can eat a lot and may cost me more in pizza than bike work!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ducati New York. They are 6th and Spring.

I am looking for a shop in the New York City area that can modify/suggest or otherwise change my stock fork set-up on my 2009 GT 1000. I can't for the life of me find anyone through usual searches.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry...but I am near that Ducati dealership. As I have mentioned in other posts I have friends/business associates who have purchased from and serviced their Ducs and Triumphs at that establishment. Nothing but negative experiences...described as "clueless kids" when it comes to service. Slow, unreliable and lacking any real knowledge. I could fill the board with horror stories about that place...seems they changed managers in the last year or so but it has only gone further downhill.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Blacked out: I totally agree with that statement!
I have had good service from Ducati NY in the past. The managers are really cool to hang out with, but when it comes to service, seems like they have new unexperienced mechanics...
Just a few weeks ago, they did a very poor service on my bike. Luckily, I was able to get my money back... I'm no longer interested in that shop.
Anyway, ECS is strongly recommended, and can pick up and drop off your bike for a fee. Call them or shoot them an email for more info...

~k

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blacked out: I totally agree with that statement!
I have had good service from Ducati NY in the past. The managers are really cool to hang out with, but when it comes to service, seems like they have new unexperienced mechanics...
Just a few weeks ago, they did a very poor service on my bike. Luckily, I was able to get my money back... I'm no longer interested in that shop.
Anyway, ECS is strongly recommended, and can pick up and drop off your bike for a fee. Call them or shoot them an email for more info...

~k
Thanks koucki...glad you were able to get a refund which is a better outcome from the other experiences I have heard. You would think in the NYC area there would be a local Duc dealership who believed in treating customers like...customers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts