Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Forum. Got my first Duc mid- last season and the time has come to do my first repair. wonder if anyone can help me find a shop manual and wiring diagram (w/ legend, not owners manual version that leaves me guessing about all the numbered components) for a 2000 750 SS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

JW

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Do a search (Google) on 'Haynes Motorcycle Manuals'... They're readily available, and have good explanations on how to do various jobs. Or do a forum search on manuals on this forum - there's a few links around to factory manuals that can be downloaded. Same with the wiring diagram - that is also available to be downloaded from here.

·
Excel Addict
5,085 Posts
I am pretty sure the SSie looms are the same for the 750 and 900.
Chris
Apart from the following that is correct.

Two or 3 connections to the ECU are different.
I recall that power to start/run switch is also different and possibly no side/kick stand switch, which is one of the signals to the ECU on the 900SS with the 15M A8 ECU.

·
Excel Addict
5,085 Posts
I have had a 750SSie with side stand switch. 2000 EU model though. In case that is relevant.

;)

Chris
I recall Herr Gray writing that it is requirement in Germany at least.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I think it is an EU wide thing and existed prior to that also. That you cant ride off with the stand down.

The change to non-suicide stands was probably easier to do when changing to fuel injection?

I used to have a Suzuki 650 Katana that, if i remember correctly (possible but unlikely), had a second cable attached to the clutch lever that retracted the side stand. or was a GT550?

Anyway, i think the sidestand switch was the point that Ducati had decided they had earned enough cash from replacement fairings and levers. :-S

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts