Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my baby needs a new pair of shoes (tyres)...
it's 93 900ss, for daily and mainly weekend rides (not track).
front: 120/70/17
rear: 170/60/17

what are your recommendations?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have Dunlop Q2's on my 900 now and they seem to work pretty well for sport riding, not sure on longeveity yet,as i only have @2500 miles on them. However, I was thinking I'll be going to the Michelin Pilot Powers for the next set. I had Michelins on there originally and I like a more 'V' profile front tire than the 'U' profile of the Dunlops.

That being said,I have the Michelin PR2's on my VFR and I love them on that bike. Great mileage and grip but like the Dunlop, the front is more 'U' shaped.

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,164 Posts
what are your recommendations?
Bridgestone Battlax BT-016's. :yeah:

They have multiple compound zones,warm up is excellent,they deliver a fairly good ride quality,and they're very predictable and consistent as they get hotter.

Admittedly they're not the longest wearing tires out there on the market but their outright grip and performance is nothing short of awesome. Use them on all my bikes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I run Pirelli's on everything from my race bike to my Indian Roadmaster. Whatever you look at, choose grip over tread life.

Joe

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have Pilot Road 3's on my 1050 Tiger and on my Sprint ST. The ST had Pilot Powers on it, and they stick like glue, but they're so 'thin' that anything can cause a flat (I had two).

The PPs are a soft compound tire, meaning you won't be getting a lot of miles out of them. You won't go wrong with the PP.. but they won't last.

I'd like to put a pair of PR3s on the FE, but I'm not sure they'd look the part. I may try a pair of PR2s.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
I have Pilot Road 3's on my 1050 Tiger and on my Sprint ST. The ST had Pilot Powers on it, and they stick like glue, but they're so 'thin' that anything can cause a flat (I had two).

The PPs are a soft compound tire, meaning you won't be getting a lot of miles out of them. You won't go wrong with the PP.. but they won't last.

I'd like to put a pair of PR3s on the FE, but I'm not sure they'd look the part. I may try a pair of PR2s.
Hope you haven't jinxed me 'cause I've never had a flat with a Pilot Power. :) FWIW I get about 6-7 K out of a rear on my SS1000DS.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
currently riding on:
front: bridgestone battlax
rear: dunlop sportmax qualifier

looking for tires with good grip and long live (daily and mainly weekend riding).

how about:
front: Pirelli Sport Demon or Shinko F011
rear: Shinko R011 or Pirelli Diablo
??

·
Registered
350 Posts
currently riding on:

looking for tires with good grip and long live (daily and mainly weekend riding).

how about:
??
Any sport/sport tour tire will suite your needs. You need only to pick what fits your budget or what looks best to you.

I suggest you go to Motorcycle Superstores site and look at varions tires and their reviews.

·
Registered
351 Posts
currently riding on:

how about:
??
I've always had great results with Diablo Rosso's and now having even better results with the new version 2.

Track days, road rides and touring. Quick warm up, plenty sticky and always predictable.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've been using the Pilot Powers on the duc for a while and have been happy. I've had the pilots in one version or another on most of the bikes (pure, 2ct, power, road 2) and they are great tires.

Next week going to try the Bridgestone BT003RS. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts