Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looking for a 996 and I'm fairly close to purchasing one. Most likely it wont be in the area I'm in (Viera Fl) so i'm looking at shipping it. Any tips on companies or general advice on the process? (or one for sale in the area!? : )

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
I've used JC Motors before. They're a motorcycle centric shipping company. Not only were they on-time for me, but they were friendly, did a great job packing and are bike nutz themselves. I was mistreated by several other companies before choosing JC, which had a simple on-line form to fill out and they got back to me right away. Pricing for me, across the country, was only $800 bux, which also included 12k of insurance.

Two notes; 1) You don't have to pack it yourself, JC shows up and packs it for free. 2) Any extra's are shipped separately, they won't take them on the truck and this goes for most agencies.

I highly suggest buying a bike from a non-ocean based community in a part of the country where its always sunny. Texas, Arizona, California, New Mexico, stuff like that.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
85 Posts
I used Bevel Heaven to ship a 998 I bought. Haulbikes.com is the actual shipper, but the price was cheaper through Bevel Heaven - about $600. Their truck picked it up from the owner in Arizona and dropped it off at my office in Virginia.

I liked it because it didn't require any crating or draining the tank or anything. It took about three weeks from the time I scheduled the shipment til the day I got the bike.

They won't bring any accessories with the bike, though. In fact they wouldn't even bring the key - it had to be mailed separately.

My only complaint was that the driver rushed me through the dropoff process and I made the mistake of not examining the bike thoroughly before signing the form stating I'd inspected the bike's condition. The bike had gotten kind of dirty in the process of shipping, and one spot I thought was dirt turned out to be a blemish on the side of the fairing where the bike must have been rubbing against something during transport. Fortunately it wasn't bad, could only be seen in the right lighting conditions, but still, I'd definitely recommend a thorough inspection of the bike before signing anything if you use them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read a few reviews on haulbikes.com, all of them negative , save for yours. thanks for the replies

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just used alliedmotorcycleshipping.com to ship my 916SPS from Arizona to Chicago. They picked it up at the sellers house, palleted it and then delivered it directly to my local Ducati dealer for a full service. They can also ship directly to the house. Total cost was $700 with $11K in insurance. They did a good job and it only took 3 days. I would use them again. Their website was ok but the phone service was good. Recommend and will use them again.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've used alliedmotorcycleshipping.com myself from Main to DFW .They use specialized motorcycle pallets and are a branch of Allied Van Lines so the company's been around for awhile. I'll use them again if I ever find some one to sell me their Black '08 1098S :D.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've used JC Motors before. They're a motorcycle centric shipping company. Not only were they on-time for me, but they were friendly, did a great job packing and are bike nutz themselves. I was mistreated by several other companies before choosing JC, which had a simple on-line form to fill out and they got back to me right away. Pricing for me, across the country, was only $800 bux, which also included 12k of insurance.

Two notes; 1) You don't have to pack it yourself, JC shows up and packs it for free. 2) Any extra's are shipped separately, they won't take them on the truck and this goes for most agencies.

I highly suggest buying a bike from a non-ocean based community in a part of the country where its always sunny. Texas, Arizona, California, New Mexico, stuff like that.
I used JC to ship my bike from Miami to San Francisco. The whole experience was pretty good overall but they tell you that they'll cover the bike during transport and that they'll give you the cover at the end of the journey. In my case, the bike was never covered and they lied about it. I called them to point out that the bike was not covered when picked up from my home and was told by the supervisor that it would be covered at one of the warehouses along the way. This never happened.

The bike was in good condition when it arrived save for some scuffing on the handlebar where they wrapped the tie downs. It's minimal and I've grown accustomed to it there but it would have been great if they could have used those tie downs that go across the handlebar and actually engage the grips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts