Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone replaced the RR on a 91-97 SS with a Shindengen FH020AA.
I have replaced my SC1000 with one but the wiring is a bit different on my supersport eg there are a white and black wire that comes out of the RR on my SS that dont seem to match up with the Shindengen FH020AA.

Can anyone share their wiring with me Pics would be nice :)

this is the kit Im looking at

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Can anyone share their wiring with me Pics would be nice :)
Look at post # 83 here:
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/80-hall-wisdom/94947-upgrade-fix-no-more-charging-regulator-rectifier-problems-9.html#post5869065

The other part of the rationale is that you're only pumping 350 W thru 2 pair of devices in the RR, vs. 520 W on the newer DUCs with 3 phase stators. (These wattage #'s are for "full load", which the bike's electrics never loads to these #'s. It's the rating of the alternator -- what the alternator is capable of putting out...)

That being said, I wired up a newer DUC 3 phase RR to an older Moto Guzzi 350 W (single ph.) stator, and it works great.

I recommend getting rid of any connectors, also, if U can.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys
I currently have a Harley RR on the bike and the mechanic wired it straight up to the battery. I've never been happy with it as it looks a bit bodgy. The mofset RRs run that much cooler I though that if I was going you change be may as well change to that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts