Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hallo,

shifting up on my 916 is getting harder and shifting down doesn't go anymore, when i am riding i have to stand complete stil.
we changed the springs 20 and 27 from the pic today but whitout result
any other ideas what it could be?
when the engine is in neutrale and i turn on the back wheel suddenly the cluthbasket start to turn as well you even hear the engine make compression.
this was even the case whit the gear selector removed.
could it be that there is a bearing or needle bearing is seizing?
any thoughts?

henk!!!

Attachments

·
Senior Italophile
867 Posts
Did you check the tightness of part #s 7, 8, 9, 10? I had your same issues and it turned out to be that.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,880 Posts
You opened up all that? It sure sond like more of a clutch than a gearbox problem. Make sure the clutch is completely bled, slave cylinder is snug against the case, and clutch pack isn't worn. My guess is you need a new slave cylinder because the seals have gone in your original. OEM slaves are notoriously poor, which is why there are a dozen companies with aftermarket solutions. If bleeding the clutch solves the problem temporarily, then you can bet you've found the problem.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hallo,

we took those out(#7,8,9,10) and they looked to be OK and seeems to fall in there place when we shift,can i check somthing more on them.
did you had the same when you turned the back wheel that is suddenly was in gear,that somthing that worries me.

henk!!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You opened up all that? It sure sond like more of a clutch than a gearbox problem. Make sure the clutch is completely bled, slave cylinder is snug against the case, and clutch pack isn't worn. My guess is you need a new slave cylinder because the seals have gone in your original. OEM slaves are notoriously poor, which is why there are a dozen companies with aftermarket solutions. If bleeding the clutch solves the problem temporarily, then you can bet you've found the problem.
the clutch pack looks good to me and the slave cilinder was revised 600km a go.
this really happend from one day to another.
monday i drove the bike no probleme at all,and on tuesday i felt it straight away.
i gonna bleed the clutch one again that's worth trying.

henk!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has the bike ever been down on the left side? Ive seen on #33, where the "ears" will bend if the shift lever takes a blow. If you have the stator cover off you can inspect those and you should be able to tell if there is markings from a hard impact. Those are there to regulate the distance of the throw for shifting up and down.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has the bike ever been down on the left side? Ive seen on #33, where the "ears" will bend if the shift lever takes a blow. If you have the stator cover off you can inspect those and you should be able to tell if there is markings from a hard impact. Those are there to regulate the distance of the throw for shifting up and down.
hallo,

i bought it second hand so i don't reaaly know if it had been fallen.
but there is really know sign of it outside of inside the stator cover.

henk!!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
With the bike open like this try the following

- manually turn the gear selector drum. This way you can try to shift manually and see if everything works well ...

- If the shifting "manually" doesnt work then your problem is with either the gear selector not turning properly or it not moving the selector forks. The gearbox and its operation can easily be seen if the vertical head is removed

- I would also make sure that the gearbox shafts spin freely.

- If the manual gear selection is working ok then your gear selector lever is not adjusted properly. Try proper adjusting and then moving the gear selector manually.

Thats all I got

Migrane

1 - 9 of 9 Posts