Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I searched the forum for shifting problems and found several threads, down- shifting and stuck in gear problems etc. Well all of the sudden after 1500 miles of no problems I have developed a problem with the gear box or shifter.

During up-shifting I noticed that between 2nd and 3rd gear I can't get the gear box to operate correctly. It takes two attempts to "find" the next gear. I feel the lever move to the top of the arc with no engagement, then without releasing the clutch I release the shifter and move the lever again to the top of the arc and feel the transmission engage in the next gear. To make things more difficult it doesn't always happen.

Anyone experience this "Ducati" problem?

Before anyone makes the suggestion that I'm not shifting correctly don't bother it's definitely on the mechanical side of the operation.:D

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've got 500 miles on my Hyper, and today I was having trouble getting it into neutral... that's never happened. If it persists, I'll bring it up with the service tech at my 600 mile service in a week. I hope this isn't a Hyper fault!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hi,

I have 300km on my Hyper, 200 km of which I've done yesterday, I have a problem shifting too, from 5th to 6th gear it does not engage and I release the clutch to realise that the engine is reving same as I am in nutral, I have to reengage again. It happened 3 times on that trip. Very weird! I am talking to the dealer today....
J.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
There is a recall on the bikes out there, check with your dealer. Don't remember the specifics but has to do with not shifting correctly and being stuck in gear from time to time. From what I remember it's a quick fix.....

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a recall on the bikes out there, check with your dealer. Don't remember the specifics but has to do with not shifting correctly and being stuck in gear from time to time. From what I remember it's a quick fix.....
Thanks, I'll make the call to the dealer. I'll also post an outcome for those that are interested.

Tom

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the dealer service unit couldn't find any problem. I can't live with this so I'll probably need to go to the dealer a few more times. I hope they fix this before too long.:mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts