Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got about 15K on my 06 Multi-620 and recently took it out on a big ride when I noticed difficulty in downshifting, especially from neutral to first and then once in the upper gears back down again... up shifting seems OK.

I took apart the exterior linkage to see if there was any binding there but everything seemed OK... it appears to be internal (yikes!)

Anyone else have similar issues?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Yes, kind of.........

Been riding my wife's spare bike alot lately (her 620 Multi, apprx 16k miles) and mentioned to her that it is shifting very much like the last Harley I rode. Don't take this a harley bashing, but that last Harley was one of the worst shifting bikes in recent memory.

The 620 we have seems to be difficult to shift, that is it kind of clunks, when trying to speed shift in the lower gears. I am now being more deliberate with the clutch and waiting apprx a 1/2 second before engaging the next cog. I really love this bike and plan on having Don up at Modesto Duc look at it and see what he can do.

I feel your pain!

Mark

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bleeding the clutch helped a lot!

Well, I surfed around and found a lot of various input... the best came from PJ at Boulder Motorsports... he suggested bleeding out the clutch thoroughly... I was able to do this in about 10 min. and it really helped a lot. It didnt eleminate the stiff downshift into 1st completely but eased it a bit. (makes sense, since the upshifting was very easy and I usually dont use the clutch) Being "deliberate" and blipping the throttle helps too.

Hope this helps someone else.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I was definitely going to bleed the clutch, but prior experience tells me it is a bit more. The clutch definitely totally disengages in fact with the adjustable crg's I can completely disengage the clutch while still 2 inches from the grip. However, it can only help for sure.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well, I surfed around and found a lot of various input... the best came from PJ at Boulder Motorsports... he suggested bleeding out the clutch thoroughly... I was able to do this in about 10 min. and it really helped a lot. It didnt eleminate the stiff downshift into 1st completely but eased it a bit. (makes sense, since the upshifting was very easy and I usually dont use the clutch) Being "deliberate" and blipping the throttle helps too.

Hope this helps someone else.
You "usually don't use the clutch..." when shifting?:eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts