Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,918 Posts
Before I'd pay someone to sand the clutch plates I'd heap some abuse on them and clean them the old fashioned way. Launch the thing! Ever watched a MotoGP race? Pretend the green lights just went out. Do that a couple times. Don't baby it. It's a high performance bike. Ride it like a high performance bike...not like a BMW. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Before I'd pay someone to sand the clutch plates I'd heap some abuse on them and clean them the old fashioned way. Launch the thing! Ever watched a MotoGP race? Pretend the green lights just went out. Do that a couple times. Don't baby it. It's a high performance bike. Ride it like a high performance bike...not like a BMW. :)
Ok.l ll try it tomorrow that way.it s almost 11.50pm here.
Thank u very much:)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Silly question, but did you check and adjust the chain tension?

Changing gear on my Multi gets noticeably "clunky" as the chain becomes slack from use and is much smoother when it is adjusted correctly.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Chain tension definitely worth checking.

When you had the clutch reservoir cap off did you bleed the nipple inside there? often there's a big air bubble trapped at the very top and bleeding it there solves it. You may need to do it more than once to get all the air out, it's amazing how little air in the system can screw with the shift and how much air you can actually get out of the reservoir bleed nipple.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
YES It amkes big difference to shift the gear in high speed but when I m slow the same again:crying:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
OK. I did all what you said.Non of them worked.As mechanics said that Clutch set should be replaced at all:(
So. as soon as this will be done, I ll let you all how the Ducati react.

thx for all ..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Still the same

OK. I did all what you said.Non of them worked.As mechanics said that Clutch set should be replaced at all:(
So. as soon as this will be done, I ll let you all how the Ducati react.

thx for all ..
Still the same.I did all what you said.I almost rode 2500 km since I bought the MTS.Up shifting became a little easier but down shifting is still terrible.
So trying to find cheap Clutch plates set for my Ducati MTS 2013.

I ll keep inform you all after all set.
thx.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Sometimes the hydraulics can be difficult to bleed completely. Use the Search feature here and read how others do it. Some people have to bleed the clutch regularly, maybe a small air leak or something.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts