Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a few shidt tech carbon parts on my 1098s as i have always considered their parts among the highest quality. One item in particular is my carbon tank guard. I have always loved it. My bikes dont get much use, garage kept, and have seen rain once when i was on a ride home.
That being said, this week while onthe way to indy(in the back of my truck)we got rain. And it rained on it all night at the hotel :(
I come out in the morning to find chunks of clearcoat everywhere. The clear is peeling off the carbon all of a sudden. Wtf
It was a beautiful sunny weekend, didnt notice any more flaking.
Hit rain again on the way home, bunch more flaking. Wtf
I emailed shift tech and he saysya thats not normal. And thats pretty much it. Granted it is probably 2 yrs old and far out of any warranty, but wtf. I thought i had the food stuff. Why did i pay a premium when its gonna fall apart at in the rain
So i will need to replace it. Does anyone else offer a similar carbon tank guard?

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Sounds odd....but it would be so inexpensive to get cleared again. I would say it would probably cost more in shipping charges, but you live close to ST. Sounds like some moisture got under the clear.
ST can't warranty their stuff forever, although sometimes it seems they do.....:)

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
I had a load of ST carbon on my SF1098s when I had it, rain or shine it never did that. I rode in the rain pretty regularly and never had anything like that happen. All I can say is GL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts