Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Guido ..Please stop puttin fuckin carbon on .......Its just not on.

Is the airbox a cover or a full hit ?

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:):) I know what you mean.

No cover, full carbon but his is the 1098 version that did get a bunch of modifications, I just can't wait and always want everything right away so if it's not out there then I just get something else done.....

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
It would be interesting to see a mix of carbon/kevlar with the red color as the kevlar weave. I do like the rear sub, but the nose may take some getting use to for me. Probably be killer on the Black S model for sure though!

·
Bon Vivant
11,000 Posts
I like the red paint on the stock full headlight mask.
I'd like to see a piece that just covers the black plastic under the gauge pod and leaves the red.

Of course if I were replacing all of the body parts with Carbon then I'd want the full Monty :D

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The piece you are looking for is already on there, you mean the front gauge cover, right?
Available soon.

I am getting the carbon tank coated from the inside right now to make sure the Ethanol won't do any bad to it.

Once done I see how I like everything just in carbon and may give it a little paint with some carbon showing through, guess we will see.

Now that it's winter I have lot's of time.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
77 Posts
what about some cool looking side or ram air intake covers? I don't see any of those available yet...or am I wrong?

·
Bon Vivant
11,000 Posts
The piece you are looking for is already on there, you mean the front gauge cover, right?
Nope, not the gauge cover, a cover that goes just under the gauge pod and above the headlight -
just enough to cover the strip of black plastic below the gauge pod. (it has "Ducati" embossed into it)

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
Nope, not the gauge cover, a cover that goes just under the gauge pod and above the headlight -
just enough to cover the strip of black plastic below the gauge pod. (it has "Ducati" embossed into it)
Isn't that what Guido is showing, except it is one-pieced as a unit surrounding the headlight? I understand what you are describing though, and it seems possible if you decide to separate the stock piece to make that happen.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Isn't that what Guido is showing, except it is one-pieced as a unit surrounding the headlight? I understand what you are describing though, and it seems possible if you decide to separate the stock piece to make that happen.
correct. guido is showing the whole front portion as carbon fiber. but as flynbulldog desires, as would i, the red portion should still be retained. i'd prefer to keep what is red, red. it's a personal preference.

flynbulldog and i see things the same. to have the CF shield and the black portion right under it, clash being right next to each other. both ought to be black or both CF. both as CF for us carbon freaks is preferable. :D

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Problem is that the headlight housing is one piece including the part you describe so you would have to break of the section from the stock housing if you want to replace that part with carbon but then how would you secure it? How would go and chop his stock housing?

Only solution is a carbon cover for this section but something that you would have to glue on and when you sit on the bike looking down at it you would see the edge of the stock and the carbon piece- very ugly.

All around the cover you will always to see the outside edge as well and feel the step that the cover leaves, it's just crap and not what I would like to see. You also need to consider how many would sell and I can promise you lot's of customers will install it and then say this is rubbish and wanting to return it.

It's one of these things that just don't make sense to do..............

Painting it to match the rest would probably a pretty good option.

·
Registered
66 Posts
completely understood, Guido. for that area of the bike, i'm choosing to leave it stock. for me, it looks the best that way on a red SF, imho.

the project bike is looking hoT, Guido. can't wait to see it with the CF tank. drooling.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Problem is that the headlight housing is one piece including the part you describe so you would have to break of the section from the stock housing if you want to replace that part with carbon but then how would you secure it? How would go and chop his stock housing?

Only solution is a carbon cover for this section but something that you would have to glue on and when you sit on the bike looking down at it you would see the edge of the stock and the carbon piece- very ugly.

All around the cover you will always to see the outside edge as well and feel the step that the cover leaves, it's just crap and not what I would like to see. You also need to consider how many would sell and I can promise you lot's of customers will install it and then say this is rubbish and wanting to return it.

It's one of these things that just don't make sense to do..............

Painting it to match the rest would probably a pretty good option.
I cut mine off so i could get a good finish on the pod & the bits off the bottom pieces....:eek:

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
what about some cool looking side or ram air intake covers? I don't see any of those available yet...or am I wrong?
the other vendor on here has a carbon airbox with ram tubes which look really great on his white streetfighter. His bike is probably the most tricked out I've seen yet.

·
Registered
358 Posts
the other vendor on here has a carbon airbox with ram tubes which look really great on his white streetfighter. His bike is probably the most tricked out I've seen yet.
Actually, Guido and his Shift-Tech SF-S has the carbon airbox w/ ram air tubes...see page one of this thread or go to the Shift-Tech website. The white Motowheels Streetfighter project, which is now a sweet flat black w/ gloss black tattoos ala the Dainese Tattoo jacket doesn't have the carbon airbox w/ ram tubes...but I believe they're working on some sort of carbon airbox.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Actually, Guido and his Shift-Tech SF-S has the carbon airbox w/ ram air tubes...see page one of this thread or go to the Shift-Tech website. The white Motowheels Streetfighter project, which is now a sweet flat black w/ gloss black tattoos ala the Dainese Tattoo jacket doesn't have the carbon airbox w/ ram tubes...but I believe they're working on some sort of carbon airbox.
I must be blind 'cause I can't see it here:
http://www.shift-tech-carbon.com/onlineshop/index.php?cat=c12_STREETFIGHTER.html
Is this the wrong page?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts