Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just had to play around with another type of exhaust:), very very loud I have to say. My ears are still ringing from a quick ride last night so please respond quietly because my head still hurts.

Somehow I have to find something with a little less noise that still keeps the looks and performance up there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Now thats what i call professional work!!
All the "joints" are perfectly made!Well done...
I think its waaaay better than the first try...i think the one on the bottom should be moved up a bit and maybe it would be better if both didnt have so much upright position...
I have to admit you are making great work!!! :)

PS: will the bottom pipe touch the asphalt if you lean the bike on the track? it seems to be placed rather low!

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guy's.
No there are no plans on making any, unless somebody forces me to do so.

It's 26 hours of labor + two very expensive silencers ( $ 450.00 each) and my welding guy is expensive but very good and he does enjoy what he does. Plus it took me 6 hours of grinding, buffing and polishing these babies. We are just not very much into the exhaust manufacturing deal:rolleyes: but from time to time if the weather asks for it we sit down and play around a little with things.

Plenty of ground clearance on the lower pipe, we made sure it clears. If you look at it live you will see that there is plenty of room.

I am still going to set the upper can a hair more upright so that the angle on both is perfect.

Does anybody know somebody at major bike magazine?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Wow, amazing work !
I'd love to hear what is "too loud" for you :)

Now we need a custom exhaust for Hypermotard !!!

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
I don't know if I should be happy with what I see, or pissed off:mad: Kidding! Pretty damn cool. I would match the bottom can to the angle the top is presently at. If the top can is matched to what the bottom is at, it appears it will be pointing too close to the tail section.

That is rad. In my honest and unbiased opinion, you have created the two best exhausts for the streetfighter yet.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Looks good! Great work and very creative!

More options is always awesome, especially when the OEM/DP set-up looks a little mediocre(and chunky). It seems that Ducati went after the "double-stacked slash Brutale look" but came up a little short IMO....

I really like the first creation(single muffler) from Shift-tech! Small and compact with a "less is more" approach! Gnarly!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Now thats what i,m talkin about Guido...Flyn thats the look i,m after albeit a little more angled but retaining the stock pipes. They will be here soon..
And probably a little cheaper than Guido,s :D

The cans are $450 each..:eek:.Guido ,they are robbing twats.How CAN they justify that for those.At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.:mad: I bet there is some little Italian kickin about 50 of those babies out a day..Mind you i bet they get them made in China so they will be even cheaper

You will be happy to know that ALL Blackies cans will be made in Blacks bike shop, Wigan , England..Good old British craftsmanship at its best.............:D

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am sure they will be:) since I probably have the most expensive fabricator/welder in the area and you have a guy in the UK that can do it for much less, already looked into it:D but pipes are not our priority and Termi is a must for me.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I am sure they will be:) since I probably have the most expensive fabricator/welder in the area and you have a guy in the UK that can do it for much less, already looked into it:D but pipes are not our priority and Termi is a must for me.

I quite agree Guido. Labour is expensive & sometimes people overlook that, I can appreciate the work thats gone into the pipework & there the cost is justified, but i,ve seen these cans being made & i cannot see where they get these prices from.

By the way ..Check out the racefit Growler...Full titanium for the same price as the Termi , but i bet on the fighter of yours it would look a bit meaner...

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I knew you were looking at this, IP info shows all your steps:).

Just kidding. I saw them a while back already and had a feeling that's where you are going to. It' cool if others do some stuff, let's get a bunch of bad ass Fighters out there........

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Guido ....Just give us a quick wave on that camera that i installed in your shop 6 months ago ......:p

·
Registered
26 Posts
Guido, You get the angle of those pipes the same and I would like to be one of the first to "force" you to make one for me... Looks awesome!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Excellent! love the look more than the single can. I bet it is as loud as hell!:eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts