Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Good things some times take a little longer:), I did not plan on doing one but that plan went out the window.

Let the mods begin, I have a feeling it might get interesting, let's see what happens after I look at it for a while and decide what and how......

Day 1 - The bike has arrived.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Can't wait to see the finished product

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
lots of goodies in the pipeline, alot of the stuff isn't interchangeable with the other ducs so not as huge a pool to draw from.

Plus, unless you opt for the dry clutch conversion, don't have the nine zillion choices of bling for your clutches.

Seems like the 1199 has less customizable parts than previous ducatis no?

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
lots of goodies in the pipeline, alot of the stuff isn't interchangeable with the other ducs so not as huge a pool to draw from.

Plus, unless you opt for the dry clutch conversion, don't have the nine zillion choices of bling for your clutches.
Who has done dry clutch conversion on this bike... And how does this affect electronics (engine braking function)

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
video of an italian company that converted it to a dry clutch but for the life of me I can't tell you who. I can't imagine doing it myself.

Ahhh just found the vid:

Who has done dry clutch conversion on this bike... And how does this affect electronics (engine braking function)

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
The "base" 1199 is the one I would buy if I were in the market. IMO all that electronic bullshit with wires running all over the place is not something I would want on my Ducati. I'm sure Ohlins will have some sort of "R/T" aftermarket fork and shock for the 1199. The Marzocchi fork might suffice??
However there are loads of DP parts for the Panigale. A nice $3400 Ti exhaust would be a start.:D I'm curious how much HP can be added to the Panigale thru exhaust, air cleaners, ECUs, etc.....I've seen HP figures from 156 to 175 HP....looking forward to the build!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
The "base" 1199 is the one I would buy if I were in the market. IMO all that electronic bullshit with wires running all over the place is not something I would want on my Ducati. I'm sure Ohlins will have some sort of "R/T" aftermarket fork and shock for the 1199. The Marzocchi fork might suffice??
However there are loads of DP parts for the Panigale. A nice $3400 Ti exhaust would be a start.:D I'm curious how much HP can be added to the Panigale thru exhaust, air cleaners, ECUs, etc.....I've seen HP figures from 156 to 175 HP....looking forward to the build!!
That's surely one way to look at it. I personally think that the "S" is a bargain considering what the components cost by themselves. Just the forged wheels cost $2500, Ohlins another $2.5k and there you go. You get all the other "electronic bullshit" and LED lights for free.

Not sure what HP numbers you are referring to - but the base makes 195. With an exhaust, etc. should be over 200.

·
Premium Member
5,960 Posts
...Not sure what HP numbers you are referring to - but the base makes 195. With an exhaust, etc. should be over 200.
Those are Ducati's numbers from the crank... Most of the real world dyno's that have tested the 1199 thus far have seen numbers somewhere in the range ZDM quoted from the rear wheel.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Here we go! Can't wait to see what you do with it Guido!

Oh, I was at CCR Bike today to have Sean "smoke clear" a Clay Carrier carbon fiber air duct (thanks MotoWheels) and to pick up some parts he finished.

Sean has a customer that just bought an 1199 with some carbon fiber parts. The customer had some of the Ducati OEM 1199 carbon fiber parts there for Sean to try to "spruce up".

I was pretty surprised. The part I looked at was pretty heavy and looked "cheap". It was WAY lower quality than the parts I've bought from Shift-Tech and MotoWheels. Sitting next to my Clay Carrier piece (not to mention the Shift-Tech parts I have) it really didn't measure up.

Sean was not impressed with it at all and obviously neither was the customer. So Sean and I will be pointing the customer to Shift-Tech, MotoWheels, and Bellissimoto for replacements.

Just thought I'd pass this along for anyone with an 1199...

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Here are some pictures of the stock OEM 1199 carbon fiber shock cover at Sean's shop (he hasn't done anything to it yet):

Lists for $179.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Here a pic of the hugger and swingarm cover that we now offer.

Key guard will be ready in 2 weeks. More to follow weekly....

Day 2 did not bring much but this is how the bike sits by now, wish I had more time:mad:

Guess Luigi in the Ducati engine department had a hard day when putting the cases together.

My contact at Akrapovic did confirm that they are working on a full system:) of course my first and only choice for an exhaust.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Sicom carbon rotors have arrived for the bike that were supplied to us from Sicom directly, a product that we will offer from now on as well. We have a set on our Diavel and they are the best!.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Guido you're so predictable !
You always follow the same rule, let's take the best parts available on put it on the bike :D

So, in a very soon future, I see a dry clutch and some kind of engine tweaking to break the 200rwhp, right ?

I'm very curious to hear your feedback on the Sicom rotors.
A quick compare with Braketech CMC would be nice.
Now that I'm running single front rotor on the Hyper, I might be able to afford that kind of goodie !

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
:) I work hard so I should get the good stuff. Not so sure on the engine mods but then again, I said that about the Diavel as well:D.

It's not my place to compare one to the other, I don't like it when shops praise there own products and compare it other brands and make them look worst, if you know what I mean.

I had the Braketech on our SF years ago since there was nothing else available here in the USA offered directly and they were good, correct me if I am wrong but there were n/a for the longest time and might still not be available. Everywhere I look they are discontinued.

What I can tell you is that I have the SICOM rotors on our Diavel as well and I have no complains about them at all under any conditions, wet or dry, cold or hot and they did get my stamp of approval . SICOMis now represented and based here in the USA with a warehouse and distribution, there are great things to come for the future in the Motorcycle and Automobile market.

SICOM is the direct manufacturer of these type composite rotors , hint hint.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Top quality carbon fiber as always Guido.....I guess you should have bought an S or Tri Pani as I hear the Threebond bead is done by robot vs. hand done on the base models....:D
That's not very confidence inspiring......

1 - 20 of 178 Posts