Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to see ads for a programmable module of about 6-7 LEDs that you could set up to show shift point, yellow warning, red line, etc. The same company made a gear indicator; both were usually in the same ad. I think maybe Aerostitch carried them, also saw them in magazine ads. Can't seem to find them now, and am wondering if it can be adapted to my 4 cyl Miata. Anyone know who carries these? Thanks for any leads - TT

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
ProTune makes a gear indicator with a redline indicator. It comes with a wiring harness that plug directly into the OEM wiring.
I tested it last weekend on our 1098 project:

(it is the little thing on the left)

I don't think the product has made it to our website yet, but Nick can tell you more about it. He is organizing a group buy becuase the minimum buy was high.
I'm not sure if it has the SS plugs- buit it should not be too different than the 1098 and SF.

-M

·
Registered
989 Posts
seeing as the rev limiter is usually at 9200, that would make 7000 yellow.. 8000 red and 9000 green.

or max torque is about 7 800 therefore, 6000 yellow, 7000 red, 8000 green and 9000 B O O M !!

·
Registered
277 Posts
The Starlane gear indicator now has a single shift light.

The shift indicator you are thinking of might be from an Aussie company. It was about 7 lights and attached around one of the round gauge housings on the SS. It looked good and was affordable. I did a quick search but couldn't locate it. If I find it later, I'll post.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Professor - that's actually cooler than the one I was looking for! Website sounds like it should do exactly what I'm wanting - thanks again. TT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts