Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost the shoulder bolt that holds down the CNC Racing shift lever. From CNC website part# YP000077040, Pin, dimension: 12x18. Happened while riding today, lucky it was close to my house. I installed an OEM shoulder bolt but the shoulder area is longer than that of the CNC bolt so the shift lever slides has about 1/8" of sliding. I suspect getting a replacement from CNC will take some time, are there any replacement options?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
IMO, that CNC has the part number listed means they can ship it out quick. In my area there are a couple of places to buy odd bolts, including one of the larger Ace Hardware stores. If you don't know of any you might call up any machine shop and ask them where they would buy a shouldered bolt if they had the specs for it. They might even have of box full of what you need since they use them all the time if they work on aluminum - otherwise what they would have would be steel.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent a request to CNC yesterday. Keeping my fingers crossed. For now the stock bolt seems to be doing ok.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reached out to CNC and they will send me the correct shoulder bolt for $43 including shipping. Steep...and I think it will take several weeks to arrive.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Wow, $43 for a single bolt,...
When you get the bolt, would you do this forum a favor? Take that bolt to get it matched locally at any of the places I recommended up thread and post the exact measurements. So far you have M12 x 18 length but the shoulder area has a spec also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts