Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(900ss carbie)
I searched with no results. Putting a bike together from parts and I now have all the parts for the footpeg mount, shift lever, linkage etc. But I don't seem able to get the shift pin removed from the bracket that holds it to the footpeg bracket. (necessary to install new rubber) There was a small allen head screw on the backside of the shift pin which I removed (with some effort and penetrating fluid) and I assumed it would then be free to come off. But it did not and the shift pin remains stuck in the shift lever. Assuming this pin is also threaded into the shift lever, I tried using channel locks and using some force, but given it is small and aluminum, I feel like I might snap it first. Is this shift pin pressed in to the shift lever or possibly reverse threaded?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
non-removeable, huh. that sucks.

So they sell new rubbers. How do i get it on there? Just heat it up a bit and lube the crap and press it on there hoping to get lucky? And what is the point of the screw in the backside of it then?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Yes you should see the backside is pushed out to hold the piece. That said it is common to have the toe piece break and we would commonly make a new piece held on with a screw. So you might look at the back side and if it is swedged in there then yes you would use some silicone lube and push it on.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I recently replaced both my control rubbers.

Cut the old ones off by diagonally slicing with a blade, and gripping with a pair of pliers.

Refitted new ones with some warm soapy water.

·
Premium Member
12,295 Posts
Hooker spit works well if soapy water doesn't do the trick.
It is expensive tho...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts