Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
That tank fairing is in great shape! Just smooth it down with some 700g sand paper and then use exact match touch-up paint. I had the same issue and it's now totally invisible unless you're like 6" from the bike.

I believe you want Anniversary Red (DUC002) from touchupdirect.com
Fixed mine too. I had to use a very small bit of body filler. The local auto body supply store matched the paint (and clear coat). I used an air brush to apply the paint but the auto body could supply it in spray cans as well. Finished with 5000 grit sanding discs and buffed it with 3M Perfect-It polish. Cannot tell it from any distance! PS Hope you are OK.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I went riding the other morning and the temp suddenly dropped from 48 degrees fahrenheit to an whopping 32 degrees without warning. I was in the freeway in California and was meeting a friend for a mountain ride. Thinking about your story we both agreed to wait a few hours until the roads heated up and temps got above 50 degrees. Interesting enough ny 1260 has am Ice warning Icon. First time I have ever seen that come up on the dash...no more early riding for me until things warm up a bit. Glad your okay and thanks for sharing your story, you did me a favor

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
How well/poorly did the side luggage handle it?
It actually came out pretty good. A few scuffs and scrapes but totally functional. It busted out of the bike mount as soon as it hit the ground. The latch and everything was still intact. I was able to put it back on the bike and then had the core of a roll of electrical tape on me that I jammed behind the latch and the part of the integrated frame that broke off.

I'm actually surprised at how minor the damage was for a slide as long as it was.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Fixed mine too. I had to use a very small bit of body filler. The local auto body supply store matched the paint (and clear coat). I used an air brush to apply the paint but the auto body could supply it in spray cans as well. Finished with 5000 grit sanding discs and buffed it with 3M Perfect-It polish. Cannot tell it from any distance! PS Hope you are OK.
I fixed the luggage by spraying Rust-Oleum Stone Creations Spray for the texture and then using a semi flat black paint.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It actually came out pretty good. A few scuffs and scrapes but totally functional. It busted out of the bike mount as soon as it hit the ground. The latch and everything was still intact. I was able to put it back on the bike and then had the core of a roll of electrical tape on me that I jammed behind the latch and the part of the integrated frame that broke off.

I'm actually surprised at how minor the damage was for a slide as long as it was.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
That's good to hear. I've always wondered how well an OEM side case would survive an even soft hit. Thanks for your reply and it's positive message.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts