Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Beautiful...an instant classic.
That must have great sport ability.
Did you keep the stock parts or make a deal?
Did your mods reduce weight?
I think the dry stock weight on that bike is 370 lbs, the lightest in its class.
My 80 1100 HONDA CBX weighed 600lbs!
Just putting it on the centre stand was scary.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Had her delivered today, Termi pipes/ecu, DP carbon hugger, DP tailchop, DP carbon clutch cover.....:D
Congrats man.that's all great.
Send me some good ju ju as I'm hoping mine will arrive
within a couple of weeks. How are the mirrors? I'm wanting to slap on some bar ends.

Enjoy your ass off with it.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beautiful...an instant classic.
That must have great sport ability.
Did you keep the stock parts or make a deal?
Did your mods reduce weight?
I think the dry stock weight on that bike is 370 lbs, the lightest in its class.
My 80 1100 HONDA CBX weighed 600lbs!
Just putting it on the centre stand was scary.
Thanks, kept the stock parts. I would say the mods dropped the weight a little.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Had her delivered today, Termi pipes/ecu, DP carbon hugger, DP tailchop, DP carbon clutch cover.....:D
congrats, got the same bike... was looking at CF hugger but looked @ Ducati original part which is pricey >$350... could you tell the difference between DP vs Ducati parts? is there a link for DP products?

thanks and enjoy!!

·
Registered
87 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
congrats, got the same bike... was looking at CF hugger but looked @ Ducati original part which is pricey >$350... could you tell the difference between DP vs Ducati parts? is there a link for DP products?

thanks and enjoy!!

DP is short for Ducati Performance and if you looked at the Ducati Parts then that's what it was.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Moto, that's perfect:). Saw it a while back but totally forgot about it.
Remind me to order a set from you for my Streetfighter.

·
Registered
53 Posts
We have a little mirror/bar end kit:

[
Moto, I'm not wild about the small end mirrors, maybe I'm too old to be able to see from them well, any other suggestions? The stock mirrors, although supposedly better than the past, are pretty worthless.

By the way Shokm, congrats, I just picked my M1100S on 2/28. Already have 350 miles, and I only drive on weekends!

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Moto, I'm not wild about the small end mirrors, maybe I'm too old to be able to see from them well, any other suggestions? The stock mirrors, although supposedly better than the past, are pretty worthless.

By the way Shokm, congrats, I just picked my M1100S on 2/28. Already have 350 miles, and I only drive on weekends!
We have some larger bar end mirrors:

OBERON Oblong Bar End Mirror: Black
OBERON Oblong 7/8" Clamp-on Mirror: Black
RIZOMA "Reverse" Bar End Mirror
CRG Hindsight Mirror (3" slightly convex version)

more here: Mirrors

BTW: I'm 52, wear glasses and still find the little 2" CRG blindsight mirrors to work very well. I can actually tell the difference between a cop and a cab...:)
But I've been weaned on Superbike mirrors--so anything that allows me to see something other than my armpits is a winner.

-M

·
Registered
267 Posts
Congrats! I picked up an 1100S a couple of weeks ago and I'm patiently waiting as it sits at the dealer waiting on a few toys to arrive (and for Wisconsin to thaw)....

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have the Rizoma Naked prototype, they are pricey but well worth the cost ($334 pair+ $24 adapter). The glass are tinted to prevent glare at night.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts