Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed a chip in her paint on the frame. :mad: It's small, but there is a spot of metal showing. The frame is black. Any advice to stop this from becoming a bigger blemish would greatly be appreciated.

thanks,
Marc

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nail polish?
15 years ago when I worried about my car's paint job I would use nail polish. I was just wondering if there was anything new under the sun to tackle those pesky nicks.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
off topic but, we should meet for a ride goldberm. I know it is most likely too late this year, but I can meet you in buck co. there are a lot of great roads around and we usually hang out at van sant airport and eat in or near new hope. keep an eye on the ny, nj cafe post. We ride bucks quite often.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
off topic but, we should meet for a ride goldberm. I know it is most likely too late this year, but I can meet you in buck co. there are a lot of great roads around and we usually hang out at van sant airport and eat in or near new hope. keep an eye on the ny, nj cafe post. We ride bucks quite often.
looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Fortunately my car is black so I just dab a little of its touch-up paint to the frame as needed. I guess with a naked bike, pebbles etc. are going to necessitate a little touch-up luv from time to time. I just wish there was a good product to handle nicks and scratches on chrome:(!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I just wish there was a good product to handle nicks and scratches on chrome:(!
I wouldn't worry too much about the so-called chrome on the GT, as most of it's just plastic, and probably shouldn't be too much to replace with something better made of metal.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about the so-called chrome on the GT, as most of it's just plastic, and probably shouldn't be too much to replace with something better made of metal.
I've already decided if they get too ugly I'll go stainless - Staintunes or Keihan Contis:D

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts