Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I tried Rotella but my bike didn’t shift as well with it. Switched back to Motul and noticed an improvement. I think if I feel the difference like that I’ll stick with the Motul. I’m not that observant when it comes to oil.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried Rotella but my bike didn’t shift as well with it. Switched back to Motul and noticed an improvement. I think if I feel the difference like that I’ll stick with the Motul. I’m not that observant when it comes to oil.[/QUOTE

Never liked the T6 being 5w but sure like the price. I'm curious to see if the ST shifts better with the new 15w. What mileage intervals on changes do you do? I do 3K intervals.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I do yearly oil changes since I ride multiple bikes that change in any given year. When one breaks I transfer insurance and plates to another one. This year it will be the S4RS and Busa. The thing with the oil is, I’m usually not that picky at all, I will buy whatever good oil is cheaper. It’s only that I noticed the shifting difference that I have a preference for Motul. That’s what I use in the Ducatis and Busa . I use HD synthetic in the DynaGlide, and whatever is around in everything else. Once a year, unless I don’t.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts