Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a source in Denver area for the oil recommended by Ducati: Shell Advance Ultra 4. I suspect the dealers carry it but would like an alternate.
TIA

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oils is oils.

Any SG rated 15W-50 quality full synthetic will be fine.
Mobil 1 is a good example.

·
Still needs a life.
12,599 Posts
mbohn said:
Looking for a source in Denver area for the oil recommended by Ducati: Shell Advance Ultra 4. I suspect the dealers carry it but would like an alternate.
TIA
I have heard in the past that it is not sold in the US. Any current info? Ducati Seattle uses Bardahl Synthetic 15W50 for routine oil changes.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
I know this is going to be redundant as hell but I'm new to synthetics having recently gotten my 998. Do I have to look for Mobil 1 MOTORCYCLE specific oil?

bruce19

·
Registered
263 Posts
In reality... it doesn't really make a difference. Back when Ducati was sponsored by Agip they had Agip 4T Super Racing as the "recommended" oil. Now it's Shell... go figure. I've used a little bit of everything in mine over the years and haven't had any issues. Lately I have been using the BMW-branded 15W-50 full synthetic since that is what I had laying around the garage last time. As long as you are using the correct weight for the temperature and change it regularly you can put anything in there.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like I started this thread 2 days after I brought my new 749s home from the dealer in May 06.

I've been using Motul 300v synthetic mainly because that is what my dealer used in the oil changes they've done and I decided to stick with it.

And at $48 per gallon, it is one heck of a bargain! (Not!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts