Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Cruel Italian Girl

It was destiny. It had to happen someday. Once fate introduced us I could not avoid her charms. I suppose it wasn't her exactly but those like her and her type that first attracted me. Then it was her, her alone, that demanded my attention.

At first it was the look, the curves, the feel of her, then came lust, then love. Only afterwards came the inevitable drifting apart, letting go and separation. The story is old, predictable, inevitable, destined from the start.

When we were first together it was clear she was going to hurt me and leave me in pain, not just physically but emotionally. Always expecting more than I could give, she wanted, no, she demanded all I had and yet it was never going to be enough. Slowly then, it came... the realization that it was not working; that it would never work. We were just of different worlds.

She was blatantly and passionately Italian. Not always rational but forever classy. She was made up with brute force and directness but that was always finely balanced with elegance and precision. Underlying it all and forever at her core was that "intensity". An insistence. A demand for more, more, and more. Let it all out. Go faster, always giving the impression that that is not enough.... It never mattered to her if our roads together were rough or smooth. The rocky patches and ups and downs just made it better. Nothing ruffled her, there was never too much. Always accepting it as it was and saying ok... give me more.

She was high maintenance and declared so explicitly and tolerated nothing less. She was expensive and not shy about it. She expected the fare to be paid, money to be spent and she seemed proud of it. If you want to play with her you must pay.

In the beginning she had her faults but together we worked through them. Some we fixed some we came to accept. I found she would give a little but I would have to give a lot. It wasn't always a clean transaction. Some days I felt dirty afterwards. She transferred her grit and grime to me but she was better for it. Above it all, all she ever wanted was to give pleasure; whether it was me or another, it never really mattered to her. She was built for that and that alone no matter who was with her. She never held back.

I will miss her and think of her often. Of course, knowing her, I do not expect the same in return. There are few of her type. They are rare but they are available at the right price if you know where to look. Some have lived hard lives, some were pampered and kept away from others but they are all heartless and cold until the right buttons are pushed, then the fury begins.

So that's the story and the end is drawing near. She will leave me soon moving along to another but those memories will remain. The good times, the pain and the joy we had.

Caio baby, you were the best... Ducati 900 Supersport.

gone but will not be forgotten

Just could not make her riding position work for me.

you guys ride safe and have fun!

Caio

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
that was a pretty short and intense love affair it seems, how about
a testride on a 848 ?, they are pretty comfortable.

cheers.

·
Registered
518 Posts
The Cruel Italian Girl

It was destiny. It had to happen someday. Once fate introduced us I could not avoid her charms. I suppose it wasn't her exactly but those like her and her type that first attracted me. Then it was her, her alone, that demanded my attention.

At first it was the look, the curves, the feel of her, then came lust, then love. Only afterwards came the inevitable drifting apart, letting go and separation. The story is old, predictable, inevitable, destined from the start.

When we were first together it was clear she was going to hurt me and leave me in pain, not just physically but emotionally. Always expecting more than I could give, she wanted, no, she demanded all I had and yet it was never going to be enough. Slowly then, it came... the realization that it was not working; that it would never work. We were just of different worlds.

She was blatantly and passionately Italian. Not always rational but forever classy. She was made up with brute force and directness but that was always finely balanced with elegance and precision. Underlying it all and forever at her core was that "intensity". An insistence. A demand for more, more, and more. Let it all out. Go faster, always giving the impression that that is not enough.... It never mattered to her if our roads together were rough or smooth. The rocky patches and ups and downs just made it better. Nothing ruffled her, there was never too much. Always accepting it as it was and saying ok... give me more.

She was high maintenance and declared so explicitly and tolerated nothing less. She was expensive and not shy about it. She expected the fare to be paid, money to be spent and she seemed proud of it. If you want to play with her you must pay.

In the beginning she had her faults but together we worked through them. Some we fixed some we came to accept. I found she would give a little but I would have to give a lot. It wasn't always a clean transaction. Some days I felt dirty afterwards. She transferred her grit and grime to me but she was better for it. Above it all, all she ever wanted was to give pleasure; whether it was me or another, it never really mattered to her. She was built for that and that alone no matter who was with her. She never held back.

I will miss her and think of her often. Of course, knowing her, I do not expect the same in return. There are few of her type. They are rare but they are available at the right price if you know where to look. Some have lived hard lives, some were pampered and kept away from others but they are all heartless and cold until the right buttons are pushed, then the fury begins.

So that's the story and the end is drawing near. She will leave me soon moving along to another but those memories will remain. The good times, the pain and the joy we had.

Caio
heli bars and lower pegs, with a sargent seat? did it for me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure, that's it, an effin motorcycle... if that is all you think of your bike or your girlfriends, you have the wrong one of each...

You might have been the jerk who mistreated this one before I found her and made her right...

FYI these are than just pieces of metal. If that is all you think they are... you are short changing yourself and the bike.

·
Registered
836 Posts
lmfao, its a motorbike for godsakes!! a form of transport!! a NON-LIVING thing, not a lover that cares what you think!!

was a funny read tho, like the others said, change afew things and you will probably find it will come right for you, thats why they invented moddified parts!! to suit each rider and there riding position. hell mine runs a 916 rear seat and i found that alot more comfy for my riding position and im 6'2", and a set of rearsets and now its near perfect for my style and position :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Sure, that's it, an effin motorcycle... if that is all you think of your bike or your girlfriends, you have the wrong one of each...

You might have been the jerk who mistreated this one before I found her and made her right...

FYI these are than just pieces of metal. If that is all you think they are... you are short changing yourself and the bike.
dude your post was more self indulgent than a statement. nice metaphors, but cmon. tad overdone dude.

·
Registered
836 Posts

you say you made HER right?? well she obviously isnt if she isnt for you now so who is the one mistreating there GIRLFRIEND :p lmao cant believe people think of there machines like there girlfriends lol thats just stupid :S

·
Registered
207 Posts
Great prose Hopz. Sorry the affair was cut short... It's better to have loved and lost...

Took my new girl out for her first long ride and I thought the riding position would bother me but I feel like it's exercise. Now I don't need a gym membership to get rid of my beer gut!:)

Perhaps you'll find you way back to her again someday.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I wondered why the messages stopped; now I know why.

I understand that some bikes just don't suit people. For me, it was a BMW, a K100RS back in 1985. The bike was comfortable and low-maintenance but the flat four motor and automotive attributes made it feel more like a car than a bike. I kept it for several years and sold it and have never again been tempted by a BMW two-wheeler. Interestingly my younger brother bought a R1100S with the boxer-motor a few years ago and could not come to terms with the vibration level and sound/feel of that engine; he now has an ST2 and is much happier.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
The Cruel Italian Girl

Caio

Excellent prose. Anyone calling this "stupid", well is ...... limited IQ:rolleyes:.

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
That reminded me alot about my relationship with my 998s. I think i made the mistake of calling her my REDHEADED ITALIAN SUPERMODEL B***H, and she lived up to it. I learned from that and call my Paul Smart JEWEL, and she lives up to that. And in 25 years of riding streetbikes i have never considered any of my bikes as transportation. They have always been the best therapy to bring a smile to my face. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
I agree, nice story.
They are more than metal, I just ditched a broad that stated "I hate motorcycles".. Then she saw I had a garage full..
Still riding the bikes, LOL

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks guys, and especially to those of you who helped so much in the earliest days of problem solving. You know who you are.

Special thanks to those of you who feel like I do that the bikes are more than metal. To those of you who do not think that way... well someday, if you are lucky enough, you will change your mind. If not- ride your own ride. I do.

See you around. Not saying I'll never come back, you just never know.

caio...

·
Registered
836 Posts
Thanks guys, and especially to those of you who helped so much in the earliest days of problem solving. You know who you are.

Special thanks to those of you who feel like I do that the bikes are more than metal. To those of you who not... well someday, if you are lucky enough, you will change your mind. If not- ride your own ride. I do.

See you around. Not saying I'll never come back, you just never know.

caio...
haha was a great story to read, made me smile and have alittle laugh. but i dont compare my bike to my wife!! thats just wrong :S

i adore my bike dont get me wrong there :) but to compare a bike to a woman, theres something wrong there lol.

yes bikes have there own CHARACTER, but thats as far as i would go on that topic.....mind you my bike has pleased me in ways the wife cant :p lmao

good luck and hope theres a duke out there that is for you :D

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
i get wood thinking about taking my girl to the track, is that wrong or perverted................

I've changed my bars out and ride the bike for hours, before I couldn't ride it for more then 20 minutes before I made the change.(hands go numb)

·
Registered
348 Posts
hopz,

Well written, I enjoyed it!

I am early into what sounds like a similar relationship with my '98 FE.;)

She had a few warts, but together we are working on fixing them.I think she was just used and abused by her two previous owners. I like to Think the few things I have had to fix on her just brings us closer together. We may be both old and gray but I hope we can become closer as time goes on.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i get wood thinking about taking my girl to the track, is that wrong or perverted................
Not wrong...Oh so right! :D :D

Proves your true love for her! :eek:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts