Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of a shark guard (prevents body parts from getting caught between the rear sprocket/chain)?

I have seen some that require drilling into the swingarm & I would rather not drill...

Thanx!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
never heard of anything called a shark guard......chain guard yeah....but they don't normally go back all the way to the sprocket.....if it is in fact a chain guard you are looking for...then what specifically are you looking for?....Carbon Fibre?....billet?...or what?...or just something that is a no drill assembly or attachment?

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
The guard is incorporated into the swingarm cover.

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=6%7CCarbon%20Fiber&productID=1598&showDetail=1&categoryID=14|Ducati%20748%2D998%20CF&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
I think it was Graves Motorsports that started calling them Shark Fins. I bought a couple from www.lockhartphillips, had one my Aprilia RS250 race bike. The other was going on my old SS. It mounts below the swingarm in front of the rear sprocket. The though is that if your foot kicks back it won't go into the rear sprocket cutting off your toes. On mine you have to drill and tap the swingarm, never seen any other style for an SS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.