Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
I like the Spark´s more then the Sharks!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
UGLY!!! Why can't anyone but Termi build a top quality system with any style in mind. This one is no different than the Leo/Akra/Zard/Sil sytems. Just a muffler stuck under there. Yea, build and performance may be awesome but the lines on this bike demand some sence of style...IMO of course!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
galaxy said:
UGLY!!! Why can't anyone but Termi build a top quality system with any style in mind. This one is no different than the Leo/Akra/Zard/Sil sytems. Just a muffler stuck under there. Yea, build and performance may be awesome but the lines on this bike demand some sence of style...IMO of course!
I think it's because Termi covers their exhausts with a Carbon covering ... all of the other 'box shape' exhausts expose the metal... perhaps that's probably why they are not coming out as aesthetically pleasing as the Termi? And so the exposed metal looks "raw" on the bike. Just a guess?

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I've gone the Termignoni route on my 999S. I was not so impressed with it.
I ended up with the Leo Vince on the 999R.

I prefer the "raw" look. The CF covered Termignoni exhaust looks boring to me.

The 999 in WSBK exhaust is exposed as well with only partial CF covers. Only the street bikes version has the CF cover which covers everything.

·
Registered
589 Posts
migz123 said:
I think it's because Termi covers their exhausts with a Carbon covering ... all of the other 'box shape' exhausts expose the metal... perhaps that's probably why they are not coming out as aesthetically pleasing as the Termi? And so the exposed metal looks "raw" on the bike. Just a guess?

Good point. For me the Termignoni is by far the best looking.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I've been on the fence on the exhaust thing for a couple of months now. Everytime I think I'm ready to get the Termi's, I see another style that I dig, like Moto's bike:

I think the raw metal looks cool...then I think well, the Termi's look more "integrated." Ah well...I think it does have to do with that carbon shield though. Does anyone know if they make a Superbike replica exhaust shield, with the cut-off tips and mesh (I think comes on the Corse exhaust), like on Bostrom's old bike:

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
red_ryder said:
Does anyone know if they make a Superbike replica exhaust shield, with the cut-off tips and mesh (I think comes on the Corse exhaust), like on Bostrom's old bike:

Like this one?

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=6%7CCarbon%20Fiber&productID=4208&showDetail=1&categoryID=449|Ducati%20749%2D999%20CF&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

That was basically the Corse tail with screens added--like this:

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=6%7CCarbon%20Fiber&productID=3869&showDetail=1&categoryID=449|Ducati%20749%2D999%20CF&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

Painted red/white (but no screens):
http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=6%7CCarbon%20Fiber&productID=3927&showDetail=1&categoryID=449|Ducati%20749%2D999%20CF&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

For the larger Corse exhaust systems, you must cut out the back.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think the leovince full race system is the best looking one out there but the price is crazy the one motowheels use cost like $3600. The Termi. systems are known to be good but dont look the greatest and its really bulky

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
The Leo Vince 57mm full system for 03-04 999 is about $2600.

The Leo Vince Titanium 57mm full system for the 749R-999R is about $3400.
(Ducati.MS member prices). The R system features an all titanium canister (including internals) and pipe.

Both are equal length systems.

We will have some ZARD systems next week that are fairly inexpensive. These guys are ex-Termignoni engineers. The 999 series systems are asymetric like the OEM systems and seem to make good power.

·
Registered
184 Posts
What would be the price on the zard full system, and is the leo vince system for the 04 749 have the bigger exhaust tips cause ive seen some that have the really small outlets and think it looks stupid

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Yes, the basic CF Corsa tail has the cut out area in the original mold. It is a fairly simple job.

We cut them out and installed screen mesh from Grangers Supply.
We use epoxy to secure it. On the large Termignoni systems, we cut the two holes bigger. On other systems, we cut out the back out like the WSBK bikes.
I'm working on one for the Leo Vince system on the 999R. I'm trying to mount LED brake and turn signals in the rear vents so I can eliminate the hanging light...

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=6%7CCarbon%20Fiber&productID=4208&showDetail=1&categoryID=449|Ducati%20749%2D999%20CF&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

It looks nice painted:

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=6%7CCarbon%20Fiber&productID=3927&showDetail=1&categoryID=449|Ducati%20749%2D999%20CF&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I liked the way this D & D exhaust is mounted.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
REDDUC1 said:
I liked the way this D & D exhaust is mounted.

Remus and arcfabrication have a similar setup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts