Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, has anyone ever made a claim or know whether Shannons will let you keep damaged panels?

I know insure my ride don't but I'm getting mixed info from Shannons so I'm wondering whether anyone has some experience with this.

Thanks for your help.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
So you're in FNQ , Australia . My old home.
When I was living in Cairns someone dented my car while it was parked outside the local gym in Sheridan St. Even though someone saw it and supplied the rego number of the prick who drove off , Shannon's played every dirty trick in the book to try to deny me the insurance cover - they failed in the end but it was a very unpleasant experience.
I have insured my bikes with Insure My Ride ever since.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly what happened to mine. A woman reversed into it in a car park. Tried to do a runner but a guy saw her and alerted me. Turned out she works in police admin and her hubby is a Sargent.

She was really hostile, refused to show me her dr. Lic.

I've been amazed at just how many bad drivers there are up here, and I thought riding in Sydney was bad! This place is worse!!

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
You're right there.
Five years ago at the Smithfield Roundabout just north of Cairns I was cleaned up on bicycle by a hit-and-run driver . Broken pelvis, broken acetabulum , seven broken ribs , fractured scapula and compound clavicle fracture.
They never caught the driver.

Hit-and-run drivers are among the most gutless and insensitive creatures on earth.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear about that. Cairns comes as quite a surprise to drivers/riders, it really is remarkably bad. Pushbikes riders are really at risk here.

Crime rate here is pretty bad too :-(

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,350 Posts
I have my old Daytona insured with Shannons and the policy states I have salvage rights so I get to keep any damaged parts/whole bike.

The Duc is with Insure my ride and doesn't have salvage rights.

It all depends on what you have written into the policy.

Fwiw Shannons aren't an insurance company just a broker, they insured the Triumph with AAI.

P.s. move down here to Ingham we have great country riding roads, bugger all crime and the plods by and large leave us alone.

davy

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Ingham - don't you guys have an annual Italian Festival or something like that ?
Sounds like a very Ducati - friendly place.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,350 Posts
Ingham - don't you guys have an annual Italian Festival or something like that ?
Sounds like a very Ducati - friendly place.
Yes, a few Duc's come to town and we run from the Forrest beach pub to the Ashton pub at Long Pocket and then back to Ingham and put the bikes on show for a few hours.
The run is about 90k's through the sticks all up and usually turns into more of a cafe race than a ride ;)
All welcome here.

davy

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts