Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Big Bad Doctor didn't get it done...he DNF'd....and the Repsol boys plunged and plowed and made the score...not a surprise and congrats to Pedrosa for advancing the inevitable of scoring a GP 1st place podium!...but did Sete have to drift back as far as he did?....did Loris wait to start his charge till way too late?....what about the fact that Stoner ran off track and back on into 9th and then ended up where he did....and did it piss you off that we didn't get to see some of the great passes...like when Pedrosa popped into 2nd and then into 1st...or when Rossi passed Sete?....and damn do I want to see pics of that chunk missing from the Doctors front tire!....all this and more!....good race overall though I must say!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yeah, what about the missing coverage of the passes? Arent there technicians at Speed to do these things?

Dave Harhay

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I'm really looking forward to Stoner vs Pedrosa this year. Good to see new people doing well. Also good to see Rossi not dominating. Makes it worthwhile watching.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The new guys are making it interesting thats for sure. I was happy to see Edwards run a good race, although I knew when he jumped out in front it wouldnt last. Even still he can complain about a 3rd place finish. No doubt Rossi is having problems but I'm not ready to discount his title of World Champion yet. As far as people on the grid that just cant get it done..... What is Sete's problem?? IMHO he should have taken a vacation with Max. And what about John Hopkins?? It would seem that after the bike kicking incident that Suzuki change something because their bike are doing much better than before, although Im not sure why they cant stay on pace longer?
As far as coverage goes... Is it Speed TV?? or is it who ever covers the races world wide? It seem like speed just airs the race... their not really covering it, and that Speeds commercial breaks are dictated by the Moto Gp commentators??

Either way it was good racing and it is nice to see new faces on the podium.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The Motogp.com coverage was OK, seems like they're short on camera's and production skills. Maybe just the Chinese contractors? I watched the race live, and it was disappointing to see Sete start well, then fall back again. On the post race interview he mentioned the tires and weather as a factor. Heard the same thing after Turkey.

·
Premium Member
8,737 Posts
wa6usa said:
The Motogp.com coverage was OK, seems like they're short on camera's and production skills. Maybe just the Chinese contractors? I watched the race live, and it was disappointing to see Sete start well, then fall back again. On the post race interview he mentioned the tires and weather as a factor. Heard the same thing after Turkey.
Sete seems to have a problem with being slow to go fast. I think it was in Shanghai in the rain last year when he was a mile ahead and still driving like a madman when he highsided. Didn't have to go that fast, it was obvious to me he was going to crash and he did. As wa6usa said about Turkey, he did it there and should have known to conserve or be smoother with the throttle, he should know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts