Votes: 22 64.7%
  • No......Dont be silly

Votes: 12 35.3%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been mulling over having something different. As you all know i cant leave anything alone so i have been toying with the idea of a Matrix Fighter.I think the bronze wheels & frame & carbon bits would compliment the green

I have the paint code & the stickers & a price to do it.

What do you lot think. A Nice man photoshopped it for me but its slightly the wrong colour but you get the idea....

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The 998 Matrix was minging, and I can't imagine a SF Matrix looking any better.

But then, I wasn't sure about your reverse Xerox, and it's stunning, so WTF do I know?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Like it. The green against gold looks very sharp. Paint those radiator guards

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I'm digging your green more than the 998 matrix green... :yeah:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Looks bloody good to me Blackie. Made me think of British Racing Green as soon as I saw it..... Green and gold always looks good too... gold wheels too much for ya???? geez you could do lots with this color scheme couldn't you.... what about Tetleys Racing Green!

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
I need to see the actual colour to really know... I imagine a very deep green, kind of a multi-clear coat that seems to go 2" into the paint but nice and dark....maybe sort of "morphs" to a different shade when the sun hits is at the right angle?
I have seen the effect at some car shows I have been to, it looks sort of purply-green when the light hits it at that certain angle.
Describing a colour is a lot like telling someone how something tastes... at least I know what I mean!
Just my $0.02

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
so

I think it would look good for several reasons.

1) it's a ducati streetfighter,, it's like a hot chick.. she can wear anything and still look good.

2) deep green with a gold frame complement each other well.

3) it's a ducati SF,, it is like a hot chick, It will look good in any color :)

HOWEVER, I don't think I would go with the highly metallic deep green of the matrix bike. metallic sure but finer metal flakes,, glitter is so 80's
I may be mistaken on my interpretation of the picture above.. it may not be as glittery as it seems to be in the photo

·
Registered
328 Posts
Looks bloody good to me Blackie. Made me think of British Racing Green as soon as I saw it..... Green and gold always looks good too... gold wheels too much for ya???? geez you could do lots with this color scheme couldn't you.... what about Tetleys Racing Green!
lol Was just gonna suggest you paint it british racing green you being a brit and all.

either way itll look good! And no one else out there will have anything like your bike! thats always important to me when i mod stuff.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well..I find out today that this may not be so easy. The original paint was solvent & due to legislation i now need water based paint. Getting this paint in this colour is like trying to get a dodo egg....

I have emailed PPG customer service & they are getting their technicians to formulate it in water based & contact me next week...so hats of to them for good customer service, but we shall see what the outcome will be.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
Well..I find out today that this may not be so easy. The original paint was solvent & due to legislation i now need water based paint. Getting this paint in this colour is like trying to get a dodo egg....

I have emailed PPG customer service & they are getting their technicians to formulate it in water based & contact me next week...so hats of to them for good customer service, but we shall see what the outcome will be.

You can't use solvent based paint?!?!?.. what kind of BS is that?!?!?

I like the british racing green Idea.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In the UK its now illegal to use solvent for spraying cars & bikes. All to do with saving the planet bullshit.

Whats funny is they use a 2 pack primer, water based colour & then 2 pack laquer..

What sort of shit is all that about

What a load of fuckin bollocks...Do gooders get right on my fuckin tits

·
Registered
102 Posts
I like the paint color

What is the paint code for that green? I like it!

Paint the radiator guards satin black with PJ-1!!!

For those U.S. would-be bike painters: U.S. paint manufacturers are in the process of phasing out voluble solvents. We are a few years behind the Euro air quality laws, but it's coming! Have you tried to buy any "oil-based" house stain lately? It's getting scarce and that which can be found is either old stock or the percentage of voluble solvents is so low that it results in a poorly performing end product. Unfortunately, "water-based" paints are in the cards for all of us.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts