Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know what you mean.

I GoPro'd a trip up the mountain by me and found myself being sick to my stomach whenever I would run it for an extended period at 4-5 grand.

Bike really does kick ass. Runs like a raped ape.:D

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Switch the front sprocket with a 14 and you'll see an even angrier beast!

·
Registered
736 Posts
The 14 makes the bike easier to use on slow neighborhood turns, but it still needs to go fast and that's why I hardly ever use it in town

·
Registered
96 Posts
The 14 makes the bike easier to use on slow neighborhood turns, but it still needs to go fast and that's why I hardly ever use it in town
i try and use mine as much as possible in towns. thats where most people are to show off to, whether they like it or not

·
Registered
375 Posts
I did the 14T mod in September and it made a huge difference in rideability for me around town.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I did the 14T mod in September and it made a huge difference in rideability for me around town.
Rehearing is must foramy Ducati to make it useable arpund town... But they still suck.. My fjr fully loaded in 3rd gear is better around my neighborhood than any of my ducs in any gear. I o envy my friends speed triple's friendliness at lower speeds - too bad I am shallow and can't get past how great mt SFS looks

·
Registered
77 Posts
+1 - I recently did this at my 22,500 maintenance and the difference is remarkable. I didn't notice it as much riding home on the highway and was thinking it had been a dumb move to make the switch, but where it really shines is on all the neighborhood and city turns when commuting. I can actually take "normal" 90 degree turns in first gear now!

·
Registered
498 Posts
The Redline Motorsports ECU flash smooths up low RPMs quite a bit. You might consider that in addition to the 14t sprocket.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
first bike that i have owned that reaaly doesn't like going slow...
Is this why Shriners never ride them in parades? I've always wondered...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I think it insults the designers and engineers to go slow on a Ducati. If they wanted you to ride it around town at 2 or 3K they'd of made it to work that way. But they didn't. :)

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
These bikes are geared tall so they can pass the noise and emissions standards. Going to 14T on the front is the best thing one can do for driveability. It makes a huge difference in traffic.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Is this why Shriners never ride them in parades? I've always wondered...
If they did, I'd consider going........The Stuntin' Shriners doing 360's on 'fighters and monsters :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts