Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals greetings from Northern Ireland.
This is my 1st post not counting my introduction one.
Have had my red SF848 for about 10 weeks now and really love it.
Just looking some advice regarding suspension adjustment for carrying a pillion passenger.I cant find any data in the manual.
I weigh about 200 kg and my passenger about 110 kg.
I assume the preload on the rear shock needs increased but by how much?Likewise the damping.
I just thought someone on the forum has "been there done that" and could give some advice.
I know the fighter is not really suited for pillion work but it would only be for pre-organised short runs with my son or other half on pillion.
Ps any advice from SF1098 owners more than welcome also re suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Well, given those weights you are telling us are correct (310kg = 660lbs) I suggest a small pickup. Or maybe you should take up hot air ballooning. :) Send Pics.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry my mistake :)
I meant 310lbs total which is about 145kg.I wanted to quote kgs for anyone across the pond but forgot the divide by 2.2 thing.
I would love to see a photo of an SF WITH THAT WEIGHT ON BOARD AS WELL!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
I can't be too much help here because I'm only mono-posto, but there was a guy on here a couple of months ago, and without adjusting the suspension, put a buddy on tbe back and went racing off. Anyway, they hit a depression in the road and bottomed out the shock, driving it into tbe engine, and breaking the engine case or some such. Pretty serious.

Correctly set sag for 848 should be close to 1 1/4", find out for sure. If she gets on and it sags anymore, then you are going to want to adjust preload and get it back to that. Especially if you want to go for a more sporty ride. Then give it a couple turns of compression dampening. Shes not that big and if your just going down smooth roads to the movies or something, you could probaby just twist the comp damp a bit.

I'm sure someone else will weigh in on this before too long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts