Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have been messing around with placing the signals in the rear vents for a little while now but the visibility hasn't been all that great.
I took some eagle eye leds and modified them to fit. Finally wired them all up and tested them out yesterday and so far they seem to be pretty bright.
Thought I'd share.

·
Registered
2016 MTS PP, 2014 Streetfighter 848, 2012 Streetfighter S 1098
76 Posts
Video unavailable:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

Search "eagle eye amber led" on amazon.
They are the 23mm ones.

It's also kind of weird. The LED's blink fast when the bike isn't running but while running they blink at normal speed.

I modded the fronts too...

The strips are from radiantz and I used those eagle eyes to replace the original front blinkers.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
My motogadget ones are brighter than those and only 1 led. You can hardly see them

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The eagle eyes are very directional but brighter straight on than the motogadgets. The MG's are just better at showing the light from different angles because of the glass in the housing. My buddy had the MG's on his triumph which I helped him install so I've seen them in person. I'll try and get a comparo next time we ride.

Originally for the fronts I was just going to do the fork rings but had a whole bunch of extra eagle eyes laying around so figured I'd throw one on there too.

The rears will always be brighter dead on when placed on the plate. When wanting to place lights in the vents it gets a little tricky with the angle. I was also thinking of adding them to the plate as well but for now the vents are good.

I'd also like to move the plate down over the hugger in the tucked location so maybe I'll do it all then.

And lasty, the MG's are about 45 bucks each depending on the model.
My LED's were 12 bucks for 10 so about 83 cent each.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts