Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in the next few weeks I'll be getting my SF848 stealth black. Was curious what would be a good, fairly priced exhaust? Should I get a 14th tooth sprocket?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Epic.........can't believe I hadn't seen that yet.........when he started describing the "plumbing thing" he was using I nearly shit myself laughing.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I feel the best bang for the buck on exhaust is Competition Werkes. It's price point is reasonable at $820-850. it looks and sounds good, too.

I ordered one that I am selling brand new. The wife surprised me with a Termi slip-on for our anniversary. (No, you can't have her!)

I have the 14T front and like the extra pull. As mentioned before, it really helps around the city and in acceleration everyhwere else.

JW

·
Registered
81 Posts
Exhaust cans will give a few HP, better?louder sound, and drop 5-15 lbs. FMF, Akropovic, or Termi's for between 1-2 thousand US dollars. To make the engine run better you need ECU reflashed and dyno tune.

Agree with 14T for in city on the 1098. Not sure on the 848.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah, the minimal HP gains hardly justify the cost in my opinion. Most of us (myself included) purchase exhaust for aesthetic value and/or meaner sound from our machines.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel the best bang for the buck on exhaust is Competition Werkes. It's price point is reasonable at $820-850. it looks and sounds good, too.

I ordered one that I am selling brand new. The wife surprised me with a Termi slip-on for our anniversary. (No, you can't have her!)

I have the 14T front and like the extra pull. As mentioned before, it really helps around the city and in acceleration everyhwere else.

JW
14t front. Anything on rear? I take it I need a different chain with the 14t?

·
Registered
230 Posts
14t front. Anything on rear? I take it I need a different chain with the 14t?
Kept the stock 38 in the rear.

You don't need a new chain. You can shorten the stock chain and install a new master link. Much cheaper than buying a new chain. The ONLY reason I changed mine was because it was Sunday and the only place open was Cycle Gear...and they had no 525 master links in stock. And I wanted to ride bad...so I bought a new chain.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Best "bang for the buck" exhaust has to be the Arrow kit. They look and sound great and don't cost anywhere near what the others do. As a bonus, they are extremely well made.

~Ex

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Another good exhaust option are Mivv GP slip ons. They're affordable, they're well made and they're made in Italy. They're also one of the louder exhausts with a nasty bark but still have a refined sound. I'm very happy with mine.

·
Registered
230 Posts
These are for sale. They just arrived today but I have Termis on the way.

Competition Werkes. Brand New In Box 840 shipped in Con US

Jesse
832-969-1562

·
Registered
68 Posts
This has got to be the best, idiotic, project ever! Love this guy and his dog!

Can't quite figure out what the dog is doing here...

Probably trying to stop the guy from continuing that horrid project, by biting off his arm.

·
Temporary greeter
23,076 Posts
This has got to be the best, idiotic, project ever! Love this guy and his dog!

Can't quite figure out what the dog is doing here...
The picture was edited. There was a picture of him welding on a wooden bench with the dog watching. People were outraged and it looks like the photo has been cropped since.

·
Registered
141 Posts
This is an 848 right? Why change the front sprocket? I see you've not yet got the bike... Ride it first before you start changing the sprockets. This is not the 1098 SF so there is quite a bit of difference and no noted issues I have heard with gearing. Mine works great "as is".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts