Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed some alternatives to the Pirelli 180/60 17 tire recently becoming available.

Some options I've found are:

Michelin Power Supersport EVO
Metzeler Racetec RR K1
Metzeler Racetec RR K2
Metzeler Racetec RR K3

·
Registered
50 Posts
These are all race rubber. I don't think its such a great idea to run them on the street.
Has anyone tried running 180/55 and raising the rear ride height to compensate?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are all race rubber. I don't think its such a great idea to run them on the street.
I haven't checked any reviews on the Racetec's. For the Michelin, the MCN review is misleading if that's the case.

"That said, these tyres are really meant for the road, but can safely handle the odd trackday, like a Dunlop SportSmart 2, Pirelli Diablo Rosso II, Metzeler M7 Sportec RR, Bridgestone S20 Evo and Conti SportAttack 2. We reckon the Michelins would suit a lighter, lower-powered machine, like an 899 Panigale, GSX-R750, Daytona 675 or supersports bike."

Tyre Review: Michelin Power Supersport Evo | MCN

·
Registered
57 Posts
I run 180/55 Michelin PP3s without messing with ride height. As far as ride quality, no change was noticed. Performance wise, it is not the Pirelli Diablo Corsas, but tire life is significantly better.

·
Registered
278 Posts
You can also take a look at the continental race attack tires they come in 180/60 with three different compounds depending on your riding needs. The endurance compound will give you the most longevity though. They have received many positive reviews from riders that use them for double duty street/ track use.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
100 Posts
I run the 180/55 Pirelli Angel GT. Ride height is not a factor in my opinion. I love the tire. I did set my DTC lower than with the 180/60.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I ran a set of 190/55 Metzeler racetec interact k3. Calculated that it was technically the closest value to the height of the 180/60, and I had zero problems running the DTC in any settings. Even in highest setting for the 2 degrees wet condition, kicked in as expected. No problems with the fit of the wheel either. The tire is pretty good, but I haven't had a good chance to really push it on those tires. IE, track days. Will probably go back to the diablo corsa's, I can push out about 10k (plus track days) out of them so im happy with that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts