Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I'm right at the 7500 mark and I'm thinking that I'm going to do the service myself. I'm going to order LT Snyder's book, but I have one or two questions.

After searching the forums and reading through the workshop manual, I note that it doesnt say to remove the radiators but other posts on the forums do. It does, however, say to remove basically almost everything off the bike including the airbox and ignition coils.

Is this all neccesary? Taking a quick glance at the bike, it seems that if I take the tank/radiator off I'll pretty much have enough access to do everything.

And after that... is there anything else I need to keep in mind or should everything run smooth (as I can get it to be) after that? Any other little idiosyncrasies that I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance for any help on this :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Having taken the bike apart this winter I can tell you the the rads will drop in in seconds.
The coils will also need to go to remove the valve covers I believe. Otherwise the airbox which is probably gonna be the biggest pain may need to go probably to get proper access to fit in the feeler gauges.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
You don't have to remove it.
All you need to do is loosen the worm clamps that hold the airbox onto the throttle bodies.
Then give it a nudge up off of the rear intake.
All it does is allow enough room for the vertical cylinder valve cover
to be removed. You may want to remove the metal clamp holding
the lines to the back of the airbox for better access to the valve cover bolts.
I found that they got in the way.

Good luck and let us know how it goes for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts