Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody every removed the tail seat cover and noticed that it does cut into the paint where it meets up with the tail section? I buffed like crazy on it but it's still there and of course now the DP carbon tail piece cover is just a hair smaller and shows it now:mad:.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Same here. Initially I thought this was just excess of wax, but this whitish powder is clear coat rubbed off. I thought about putting clear plastic film there, but it seems that edge of cover would cut through it anyway... Anybody has any thoughts about solution?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I,ve played holy fuck with the dealer, hes ordered me a new one but i have already put ventureshield on it so will need to buy more.
Contemplating using the ventureshield under the seat as well.
Awful shit paintjob, not half as good as the 999 or the paint Dream Machine did on my xerox

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I think some judiciously placed 3m paint protection film will offer good protection.
I've been using this stuff for years to protect different areas on my bikes, easy to work with.

Chris

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
I also found it on mine... I will try that film stuff... any ideas on where it is sold?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I also found it on mine... I will try that film stuff... any ideas on where it is sold?
Here ya go:
http://www.xpel.com/products/bulk.asp

you'll want the 8 mil, it'll come with instructions to install but basically use a cleaner to remove any wax from the area you want to apply the film. Then you mix up a soapy solution, and with the pieces cut to size, pull off the backing film and wet the film and area the film will be applied, the you can squeegee out all the little bubbles. Working with it wet allows you to shift it around to just the right spot, let sit for 24 hrs and your done.

Chris

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The part that sucks the most is that it's scratched already.

I will have a talk with my dealer about this, I did not pay $ 20K for a bike just so that the tail covers scratches the hell out of the paint.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Thanks SVEZ... found a place only 45 mins from me! I also agree that paying big bucks for a machine we should not have to put up with factory blemishes/bad fitting pieces. I put on the passenger seat (it has soft sides) to keep the hard edge off of the paint till I get it wrapped.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Sorry...Zvez... morning dumbness, my apologies!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts