Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all, I am about to take my SFs in for its 600mi checkup. I'd like to maximize the time that the dealer has the bike by ensuring that all of the active service campaigns are addressed. I know of a few issues that are official with our SF's and I'll list them below. This could be a good thread for new owners, plus it would be nice to bring all the official items under one thread. Feel free to add information if you have it...

1) Fuel fitting (Plastic piece) I think this was the first SF issue.
2) Ohlins RT fork issue
3) ECU ground issue
4) ECU flash drivability update
5) Throttle Position setting? (I'm not sure if this is offical?)

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,232 Posts
The fuel line and the fork should have been addressed prior to you getting the bike. One item that has happened to a few bikes is the fuel line connecting to the fuel filter inside the tank on some bikes was not fitted proper and comes loose. If you bike suddenly dies out in the middle of nowhere, don't worry. It's ok. (visual inspection of the hose fitting with a small inspection mirror will tell you if the hose from the pump to the filter is on proper)

There were posts about the ECU ground, not sure anyone actually suffered that fate.

ECU flash would be top of the list. They may do a TPS reset, fyi on my bike the TPS was 2.8 after flash, they did a TPS reset and it went to 2.6.

Also, don't think I mentioned this, but the flash is different for S and non-S models due to the traction control. The map should be the same though.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the version info...

The fuel line and the fork should have been addressed prior to you getting the bike. One item that has happened to a few bikes is the fuel line connecting to the fuel filter inside the tank on some bikes was not fitted proper and comes loose. If you bike suddenly dies out in the middle of nowhere, don't worry. It's ok. (visual inspection of the hose fitting with a small inspection mirror will tell you if the hose from the pump to the filter is on proper)

There were posts about the ECU ground, not sure anyone actually suffered that fate.

ECU flash would be top of the list. They may do a TPS reset, fyi on my bike the TPS was 2.8 after flash, they did a TPS reset and it went to 2.6.

Also, don't think I mentioned this, but the flash is different for S and non-S models due to the traction control. The map should be the same though.
Is there any way to tell what the version is of the map in the ECU? Possibly via the display and a sequence of inputs on the left handlebar? Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'd be interested in this, too. I asked that my bike have the ECU reflash prior to delivery, and given some mild drivability issues that remain, I'd like to know that it was actually done.
Anyone know how to find out without connecting a diagnostic computer? Do you need a VDSTS?
Thanks in advance.

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,232 Posts
I've not hooked up my VDSTs since the flash, I just know from watching two reflashes at NPR that at the finalization a screen came up with a alphanumeric string for each remap and Vick noted them both down.

There is a way to get into the dash display for diagnostics, the owners manual tells you to not do anything if you accidentally get into that display. Not sure what can be done.. USA, Euro dash setting? Fault codes.

As for whether the VDSTs displays the version# or just the serial number of the ecu, I'd have to check it out.

The whole remap process takes about 10 minutes. It was nice of NPR to let me see the process, I was interested in how the Ducati diagnostic tool worked. I've been to other shops where anything they do is behind closed doors. And while a few customers probably don't belong in the back, I've always sponged knowledge from people working on my cars and bikes when it came to something I had not done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts