Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Sorted the mongy foot syndrome with some spacers

I noticed Bill had spotted them in my other post so i thought i would do a new thread

I will measure them & put the size on here.

I had to do this to my 999 to clear the Zard pipes

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
426 Posts
Yes...I couldn't find the original thread, but i really need this mod done too! it gets annoying after a long ride with my right heel...!

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Guys, guys guy, you gotta use the same thread or you're gonna strip it.:think: Just kidding really ;)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Blackie.... your onto it aren't you!, what's next mate?.... looking forward to it..

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guido is sending me some levers & a slipper this week..woo hoo

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hi all

Sorted the mongy foot syndrome with some spacers

I noticed Bill had spotted them in my other post so i thought i would do a new thread

I will measure them & put the size on here.

I had to do this to my 999 to clear the Zard pipes
Does this make using the rear brake difficult? It seems you would have to point your toe back in towards the lever.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Does this make using the rear brake difficult? It seems you would have to point your toe back in towards the lever.
I was thinking the same thing, it would seem you'd really need to extend the brake lever otherwise your foot is still turned in.

Chris

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking the same thing, it would seem you'd really need to extend the brake lever otherwise your foot is still turned in.

Chris
TBH i dont really use the rear brake except for tootlin. I am used to doing this on the 999 .

Having size 12 boots i dont seem to suffer from moving my foot much

·
Bon Vivant
10,917 Posts
It's interesting, the brake lever on this bike seems to stick way out. I put the spacers in mine and now the brake lever is closer to proper alignment...

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,232 Posts
Great fix for the fix Flyn!

On another thought... yesterday I shot an email to PJ.. here's the response..

Hi, shipping to the usa is no problem for us, we dont charge vat or any other extra's although im unsure about any customs charges.
Regards Jason

So if Blackie gives us a parts list, we'd be good to go for saving a ton by using the BDYI (Blackie_Do_It_Yourself) method.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Hi, shipping to the usa is no problem for us, we dont charge vat or any other extra's although im unsure about any customs charges.
Regards Jason

So if Blackie gives us a parts list, we'd be good to go for saving a ton by using the BDYI (Blackie_Do_It_Yourself) method.

Well you need the 120mm Carbon sleeve & the 2 1/4 perf tube. 1 1/2 sheets of wadding per can & a shitload of steelwool & some foil for around the wadding

Oh & the stickers available here

http://carbon-trader.com/

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I,m also in the process of having some db killers made so we will see what they are like.

I am getting tricky with my 999 so may have some very trick hid system on it soon

·
Registered
3,838 Posts

Regards Jason

I got a response from them too and they told me they also have the 110mm round and also oval in Titanium. If anyone is interested maybe we can put something together? I'm all over the Ti.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd love to see how this all works out

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If i ever get the peg down before my size 47 boots i have fallen off

1 - 20 of 27 Posts