Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010, im at 16,440 Miles. Anyone got me beat?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just hit 9K yesterday. So I am not even close.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I think there is another thread covering the same topic and there was a guy who lived in hawaii, if im not mistaken is OAHU PILOT FIGHTER, and he had about 20k miles on his.

I am a bit over 6500 and going at a good rate of 1000 miles a month. Bought the bike at the end of september 2011 and didnt ride for 2 months in the winter so yeah average of 1000 miles per month on the ones ive ridden. I hope to put more than 20k miles on this bike since the only other bike that ive seen past 6000 has been my 848 which never lived to see the 7500 mile service.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Scroll down. I started a high mileage thread not to long ago. Ohua Fighter pilot is at 19+ and there is some one out there that has 26k but he has not come forward so our Hawian bruda Is the champ so far.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my goal is to beat everyone on this forum....i can do it. I put 45k on my vrod in two years.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Does know how we can merge these 2 threads? they are the same thing.

Anyways i will make a billet 100k thingy to the first person to hit 100,000 miles.
Ive heard of one monster person to do this.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Does know how we can merge these 2 threads? they are the same thing.

Anyways i will make a billet 100k thingy to the first person to hit 100,000 miles.
Ive heard of one monster person to do this.
I dont think there will be a single SF in the world to hit 100000 miles. Unless you want to take on a challenge.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I dont think there will be a single SF in the world to hit 100000 miles. Unless you want to take on a challenge.
The engine, or the owner?

there is some mythological owner to get high millage on this monster forum.

High Mileage Monsters!

the problem with me is after 20k im ready for something else. but i really do like my sf.

here is an example of the "trophy/emblem" i would make. i made these ais block offs for my yami.

For the 100k thingy i was thing of some-type wreath with ducati and and 100k on it. Think of it as the Xprize for us ducatistas.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
The engine, or the owner?

there is some mythological owner to get high millage on this monster forum.

High Mileage Monsters!

the problem with me is after 20k im ready for something else. but i really do like my sf.

here is an example of the "trophy/emblem" i would make. i made these ais block offs for my yami.

For the 100k thingy i was thing of some-type wreath with ducati and and 100k on it. Think of it as the Xprize for us ducatistas.
That is pretty cool! But I would think if I get to 100k miles on my SF I want mine of solid gold! I dont even want to know how much it would be in maintenace cost just to get one of these bikes up to that milleage. How much would a 50,000 mile service cost on a SF?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'd be interested in your thoughts about reliability up to that kind of mileage. For instance, what are the things that start to go in that realm that aren't normally thought of as wear items? I saw that you mentioned in another thread that the bike is starting to "go to bits" now and would love to hear more detail about it.

Purchased new 24th December 2009,just over 46,000km's, how's that :p

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think 100K on a motorcycle is like 200K on a car. Ducati's are good quality so it should be no problem (with proper repair and maintenance of course).

The dude in San Diego on the 1993 monster now has over 200K miles. He recently moved to New Hampshire. That's like 400K car-miles. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had 18k miles on my '09 Street Triple when I traded it in last month. Three weeks later I have 1056 miles on the fighter.....In Seattle nonetheless....:p

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just shy of 13k miles here. halfway 2nd (barnett;yuck) clutch, expanded tank. She's running great and I'm happy as a clam. About ready to put more money into her :abduct:

About the clutches... I like clutch wheelies, what can I say?

Expanded tank is being replaced with second owner and out of warranty, no questions asked. Not too shabby!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just hit 4k on my SF848. Normally I'd want to change the oil around now, but the book says with synthetic it's ok to wait til the service notice at 7500. What are you guys' thoughts on that?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'd be interested in your thoughts about reliability up to that kind of mileage. For instance, what are the things that start to go in that realm that aren't normally thought of as wear items? I saw that you mentioned in another thread that the bike is starting to "go to bits" now and would love to hear more detail about it.
Just a few wee issues,still going strong as ever though. They replaced the left front rotor under warranty @ 25,000km's, the carrier wears, both pretty bad now, sounds like fully floating rotors but no performance issues like pulsing through the lever so still working ok ! Bit dissappointing as she still has the original break pads which now @ 46,000km's are about 3/4 worn & I'm not big on the front breaks and they're all Road km's.
Replaced clutch slave cylinder with oberon because I was needing to bleed the clutch every 2000km's (started @ 30,000km's) best buy of 2012.
Replaced steering head bearings @ about 40,000km's due to notchyness (sp) and when we got them out they where dry as a frog's tit.
Had to have the gear selector spring replaced (approx 42,000k's) as the end of it came out in the last oil change but was having no gear selection issues.
Just had the Error message Step 21.2,(45,500km's) noticed that the ehaust valve cable had come out of it's holder on the exhaust (does it all the time) done a temp fix until the servo eliminator turns up from the US.Still performs ok but sometimes on first startup the idel's not fast enough to catch the motor but sorts it's self out when warm or ridden a fair distance.
Oil and filter changed every 6000k's and still take her to my dealer for servicing. :cool:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts