Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after reading how most complain that they have the right foot slide of the peg here is a possible solution.

As you can see in the picture the end of the peg is apx. 1inch further out and the peg is same length as the stock peg.

This setup is adjustable, the peg is mounted to an adjustable swivel bracket so you can go up, back, down or forwards with your peg. The peg still folds up just as stock. We are offering this setup for the Hypermotard for a while now and did receive so far good feedback.

I am considering offering this setup for the Streetfighter, right & left side would be $ 149.99 for the set. Direct replacement for the stock peg, takes 1 min. per side to change and they will come anodized black with choice of black, gold or silver peg, all billet aluminum.

So looking for your input.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Love the idea... alot.

Is there anyway to make them with less Rise/Height?
Id even like a direct non/adjustable replacement option that just stuck out a little further.

·
Registered
178 Posts
It's a great idea and I'd be willing to buy a set. But we'll need replacements for the passenger as well. I plan to leave my rear pegs on because I do occasionally carry a girl and it's the only Duc I have that accommodates passengers. So front/rear pegs need to be the same design.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rise has to be there for this to work but you can move the peg to the down position and you are only 1/4inch higher then stock.

I hear you on the passenger pegs but I have to leave this up to others, these peg stuff is not what we normally do.

I am sure in the future somebody will offer adjustable rearsets but as we all know these are up there on the price.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I,m glad i made the spacers for £20, they move em out an inch as well, but they do look very perty Guido..

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
At the risk of being branded a heretic and non-conformist douche bag... I just changed mine for a set of Yamaha (I know... heretic!) FZ foot pegs with the rubber coating on em.

I won't post any pics yet... feel bad they are not DP or some ultra exotic un-obtainium but, for my big old feet they work pretty well.

The truth will come out tomorrow, I will test em out on a blast but just from sitting there, they seem pretty decent and wider than stock and don't seem to dig into my tender under foot too much.

I got the idea from the Multi web-site, a guy from AUS named TT used the same deal on his bike and liked them so... just a bit of grinding and filing and test fitting and they go right on with the springs holding everything in nicely as the diameter of the replacement pegs is a bit larger than stock. I figure the pins will hold the new pegs in fine since they have a locking snappy washer thingy (pretty technical huh?) holding them in place.

For yet another heathen like statement, I went for a quick ride to the bank (the long way) after work and decided to try it with my work boots (such a heathen!) on and found my feet slipped off very easily, especially the right side and never really felt too secure. Figured the bigger pegs would help out for your average jaunt for work or for just a quick hop.

So, go ahead dudes... blast away at me or... maybe not??

·
Registered
44 Posts
I will say the SF is Sharp! I was real close at getting one - rode it and that foot peg ordeal did not make me happy so I went right over to the 1198....and the rest is new Duc history

·
Registered
412 Posts
I like it Guido. A nice alternative to buying complete rearsets.

Id even like a direct non/adjustable replacement option that just stuck out a little further.
Oberon pegs is your answer

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pgeller- How about you make your own posts?

748vinny-
They went to get anodized yesterday and will be on the website within the next few days since the Hyper version does not fit the SF.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad you see the light and while you are on it why don't you sign up as a supporting Vendor, pay your contribution to the forum as all of us Vendors do to ensure the forum will still be here in the future and then post your products in the appropriate section.

You may noticed that Vendors respect each other on here and you will find out also that other Vendors won't be sticking their nose in your posts to promote their products, it's all about respect.

The post was for members to impress their opinion on the idea, you may have missed that part while being over exited .:think:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts