Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done some Google-ing, Yelp-ing, and Forum searches here without too much success, so thought I'd reach out to the group for some recommendations.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of an independent service shop in the San Francisco Bay Area that specializes in Ducatis, or Euro/Italian/German/British bikes more broadly?

I'm familiar with all the local dealerships and Desmoto in SF, but don't work in the city anymore so I'm looking for other options. Is there a Desmoto-type shop in the East Bay, South Bay, or on the Peninsula?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

·
Registered
273 Posts
+1 for Nichols

To the Forum Admin(s):
This forum software is HORRIBLE for mobile use. The UI stinks and the JavaScript is slow as snot. And getting to the last page of a long thread or first unread post in a long thread is anything BUT easy and quick. Can you do anything about that?

Reactions: Lucky 13

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I've had mostly good luck with Nichols. Management is great/top notch, but I had a tech with shoddy attention to detail work on my bike last time and I wasn't impressed. Even so, I'd go back based on good experiences prior to that. I'm forgiving because it's hard as Hades to find any good young techs in any industry these days. The kids these days are too busy thinking about their damn cell phones and texting than staying focused. It's a national - if not a worldwide - tragedy. Freaking ridiculous.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The folks @ Nichols always get my business when it comes to Italian-specific work. They have always treated me right and have saved my bacon more than a few times.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The guy you want is Jim Davis at Advanced Cycle Service in San Jose. Jim used to be the head/primary mechanic at Nichols before he left to start his own shop.
+1, Nichols was Nichols because of Jim, or so I've heard. ACS is really good but they book quickly. Call ahead before showing up, or get there early in the morning.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the tips so far, much appreciated. Any shops in the East Bay folks would recommend? I may be working in Oakland in the future.

Also, between my wife & I, we have a Ducati, a BMW & a Triumph in the family. So suggestions for any of these brands are welcomed!

Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts