Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.... when i open the fuel tank of my bike make a little suction... It happened to me twice... i never overfilled my tank and the bike always stay in garage, anybody knows something about this???? Thanks....

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
This is possibly in the faqs section. It's caused by the emissions vapor charoal evap system. A small to moderate air release is normal. If it's a lot of suction you have a blocked line in the system and this can ruin the gas tank. You can remove the entire system and do away with the suction problem for good. Just make sure you know what lines to block off if you do this.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Secret Squirrel.... i will check in Faq´s... it´s exactly what you say, a little to moderate air release, not a suction...

·
Registered
223 Posts
My first tank was ruined by this. Caused some additional damage to the injectors as well. When full the tank would pressurize and put additional pressure on the pump / injectors and over-flow the charcoal containister. When almost empty the fuel pump had to work extra to get the right amount of fuel - causing my bike to "starve".

Warranty covered everything though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Conclusion: Sorry, this is already discussed in other threads ... My dealer recommended me to remove or disconnect te evap cansiter and that was what i did... No more pressure release when i open the fuel tank cap...! for the moment, problem solved... Thanks!!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
It's caused by the evap system. The front hose that allows the tank to breathe gets kinked. Once you remove the evap system it will fix the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts