Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my local tuning shop during the week having some new tyres fitted,by chance the tech noticed the service light hadn't been cleared after the last service (my fault because i had it serviced 20 k's short of the schedule 1000k by Ducati.).Any how he hooked his diagnostic tool up to the fighter and whilst clearing the service indicator he suggested that he should reset the TPS.(Termi's and DP ecu fitted at 1000k).After doing a 200 k ride today i am surprized at how much better behaved the SF now is,so much cleaner through the rev range and no where near as messy dowm low.Best $20 spent so far.:)Makes me ask why the Duc shop didn't do it when they fitted the Termi's,i guess they couldn't give a rats arse.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If you get ducati diag and about $25 in cables from amazon you can reset the service light and tps by yourself anytime you want. Take a look at it, Gilly has a couple of great posts about it in this forum.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ah! Yeah. It's just we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Makes me ask why the Duc shop didn't do it when they fitted the Termi's,i guess they couldn't give a rats arse.
Its great how much difference it makes, along with syncing the injectors (?) and adjusting the air overflow screws too.

But I thought the bikes were set up the way they are to get them through emmissions, especially the 3500 rpm testing spot. If ducati told you about this or fixed it themselves it would be circumventing federal law, so they legally can't tell you. Its better for us to find out these little secrets later than to not know about them at all, yes?

That's about 80% of it. I'm not sure if I used the right terms, but someone else here can fill in with the correct info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts