Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for options for full system, would like to use akra pipes. does akra 1098sbk header fit? what are some of the headers that will work well with akra and any suggestions for ecu swap/flash?

thanks,

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
The SBK headers won't fit the SF. I'm pretty sure you could pair a Termi SF full system with Akra mufflers.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Go with full Akra's.....worth the money

·
Bon Vivant
10,917 Posts
Go with full Akra's.....worth the money
Would be great but Akrapovic never made a full system for the SF, and as SS said the SBK system does not fit...

The only full system ever made for the streetfighter was the Termi. And to my knowledge (Following all of the systems from the very beginning) it makes the most torque and HP of any exhaust system for the SF.

The FAQ has links to nearly all of the systems ever designed for the SF.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Would be great but Akrapovic never made a full system for the SF, and as SS said the SBK system does not fit...

The only full system ever made for the streetfighter was the Termi. And to my knowledge (Following all of the systems from the very beginning) it makes the most torque and HP of any exhaust system for the SF.

Didn't Remus make a full system? I know they have a half system, but I was thinking they also have a full system. Might've been drunk browsing though...

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
And wasn't determined the full will get you less grunt down low and only achieve more power at the very top?

I just vaguely remember not wanting the full because of that.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Ya, that's what I remember about the full Termi system as well. It adds a bit on top and moves the midrange power up in the rev range too.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
If I remember correctly Zard made a full system for a while. But it might be discontinued.

·
Bon Vivant
10,917 Posts
Yeah Zard does make a full system for the SF. It is special order only and its just butt ugly IMO. I think the Remus system was a half system. The Quat-D and another under tail system may be full or half but I dont think I've ever seen a dyno chart from either of those.

People like to think that you loose torque with the Termi full system but from several charts that I've seen both torque and HP are increased although the peaks are slightly higher in the rev range.
Most of the reports that I've read on this forum from people who installed the Termi full system have been pretty glowing. I do read negative posts and rumors of lost low end but all of those are from guys that don't have it on their bike...

I have the full system on my bike. I waited for over a year after I got my SF because I was hoping for someone to come out with a better exhaust system, but after exhaustive ;) research I was left with the Termi as the best option for me. When my tech (who rides everything!) did the 15K service he said it was the strongest SF he's ever been on.

I was hoping for a GP style exhaust but it never happened. I did try the Termi slip-on before the full system and the difference is not insignificant. After really chasing this for years my conclusion (and I REALLY didnt want this) is that the Termi full system was in my eyes the best looking and best performance available for the SF. It is a compromise for me but I wanted the performance and I didn't want big old style cans.

·
Registered
110 Posts

Sure busted my bubble....bought my 2010 1098S two years ago with what I thought / think is a full Akra system. Sweetest sounding motorcycle in all my decades of ownership. Akra cans for certain with titanium header and mid-pipe, no cats. Magnets do not attach anywhere except the spring. Akrapovic only shows cans. Am I missing something ?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Not sure what the stock headers material is but a magnet doesn't stick to it.

Look under the bike near the rear shock if you see a valve on the piping it's the stock exhaust.

Or post a picture we'll tell you.

·
Registered
110 Posts
no valve, there is what appears to be a sensor of some sort, no cat. What metal is the stock header made of ???

I will try to get smart enough to post a pic over the weekend.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
The stock header is stainless. So is the full Termi header but its shape is a little different then the stock header. You probably have a factory header with Akra slip ons.

·
Bon Vivant
10,917 Posts
no valve, there is what appears to be a sensor of some sort, no cat. What metal is the stock header made of ???

I will try to get smart enough to post a pic over the weekend.
Cats are in the cans on the SF. No valve is not really an indication - I cut mine out on my stock system and could never tell it was done - I know some other guys that did that too around the same time. And SS is right the pipes are Stainless.

This is the stock set of pipes:

and this is a full system:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
You take excellent pictures.

And thanks for not applying awful post-processing screwing up color balance, dynamic range, etc.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
No sarcasm. The pictures look great. If you have tweaked them, you have done so with discretion.

Have you played with them?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks, gentlemen. Looks like my pipes are stock after viewing Flyinbulldog's pics. I thought stainless steel was magnetic but usually it isn't.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts