Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 08 hyper 1100 at the dealer 1500 miles ago (under the last owners extended service plan), but they didn't check the valves due to mileage. I'm going to be adjusting the valves myself and have 2 questions:

1. I've heard the 08 796's have premature wear problems with the valve guides/seals. Is this also common in the 1100s? I still have a month or two left on my extended ducati warranty so now would be a great time to know if I need to send the heads in.

2. Is there any easy way to check said guides/seals? I've adjusted values on a few bikes and cars, but never anything further than that. The bike doesn't spew white smoke, spark plugs aren't ghost white, and generally seems to run well. Just trying to spot signs of premature wear.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Ok don't get technical, ever been wrong? :) I must have mixed information. From the lack of response I am guessing this is a non-issue which is good enough for me!

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
If your bike were having guide or seal issues you'd obviously know it when you fired it up and you would be smelling and using a little oil. If it's not puffing blue smoke on start up, I think you're good to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts