Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got relocated to another building at work. Within the the first week of me parking at the new location, I set off a car alarm near where I parked.. A few day later I parked in the same location and I set it off again. I have to admit I got a bit of pleasure out of doing that. One day, I pulled into a spot, and I hear this chirping noise, kinda like a warning sound I'm guessing. I was parked, but still had the engine running, so I blipped the throttle to see if I can set the alarm off. I did. That put a big smile on my face. I have no idea what car this is happening to, as no lights are going off or anything, but I've narrowed it down to a couple.

Wondering if others have similar guilty pleasures when setting off car alarms. :)

·
Señor Member
8,299 Posts
I'd get that occasionally where I used to work at. It actually is pretty amusing. When I found I could set off alarms with the bike, I'd ride around the parking lot before parking the bike, trying to set off as many as I could.

·
I yam what I yam
989 Posts
I have never set off a car alarm. Both of my road bikes have Staintune exhausts, too quiet I guess.

What pipes do you have Victor?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never set off a car alarm. Both of my road bikes have Staintune exhausts, too quiet I guess.

What pipes do you have Victor?
Hmm, interesting. I have modified stock pipes, with just the inside ends cut off. Best thing I did to my bike. :)

As I have yet to meet up with another ST owner, I have no idea how my pipes compare with aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
837 Posts
"As I have yet to meet up with another ST owner, I have no idea how my pipes compare with aftermarket ones."

The first time I rode with Chicago Rob I kept hearing this odd sound until I realised I was hearing both our pipes together. He has a nice set of fbf's. Not saying my cored ones sound as good as his but the low grumble is in the ball park.

·
Registered
704 Posts
My sportclassic sets off at least one car alarm whenever I park in the garage at the mall. Race Termi's make it fun. If I hear one chirp I will burp the throttle and make sure to set it off. Otherwise I leave relatively quietly. :)

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
You guys drive around with your garage door opener , repeatedly pushing the open button to see if you can open garage doors too???

A HD Dude had his new bike (Years ago) and showed everybody around that it had an alarm system on it.
So Everyone would just nudge the bike all Day long...
He was not amused...

Great fun.

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
My F1 used to set off the sensitive car alarms 20 years ago, even from 100' away.

Then I took the open racing megaphone off and put a muffler from a Laguna Seca on it. That calmed it down some. But even it had "Reservato Competizione" or something like it stamped on it.

Back in '95, my buddies 900SS with D+D slip-ons would set off the car alarms if he was within 20 or 30 feet of the car. But he was a jerk about it...he would go to the malls and go trolling for alarms.:laugh:

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
The exhaust on my cafe'd Duc sets off car alarms routinely, and I do chuckle every time it happens :D

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
I love to set off alarms with the Arrows on my S4R. I grin like a little kid inside of my helmet.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Strangely, my ST-2 with Arrow exhaust hasn't set off any car alarms yet. That might have something to do with the fact that I usually ride out in the rural area where I live.

However, I used to have a Jeep CJ-7 with headers on the straight six. That was really good at setting off car alarms. I would usually set off two or three in the parking garage that I used back then. It also seemed to trigger a house burglar alarm along my commute home. The lights on their garage would flash every time I went by. That got a smile every time, too.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I used to own a Harley too but matured a bit. >:)

Marc

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I love to set off alarms with the Arrows on my S4R. I grin like a little kid inside of my helmet.
Hello, 999s

My S4RS with shortened Termi's routinely sets off alarms. Are the Arrows throatier that the butchered Termi's?
I'm still waiting for my Boomtubes to show up, see how they audibly measure up...
I've also found that my exhaust seems to challenge some dogs, and intimidate some types of cattle. I'm just thankful it's not the other way around.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Hello, 999s

My S4RS with shortened Termi's routinely sets off alarms. Are the Arrows throatier that the butchered Termi's?
I'm still waiting for my Boomtubes to show up, see how they audibly measure up...
I've also found that my exhaust seems to challenge some dogs, and intimidate some types of cattle. I'm just thankful it's not the other way around.
I think the tone of the Arrows is a bit throatier than the Termi's in general. Once I cut 4" off the Arrows...well let's just say some folk don't like em...>:)

·
Official Retired Person
7,428 Posts
I can say with certainty that my GT1000 with Stain tunes his never set off a car alarm. Does it take being in an enclosed space, such as a parking garage?

·
Registered
20 Posts
My girls 848 is crazy loud with a full termi system and I don't think I've set off an alarm, but I probably wouldnt hear it anyway lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for the memory too!

I used to set a lot of car alarms off with my 750SS with Staintune headers and Motostile cans. I remember the ear to ear grin...:smile2:

I need to see if I can do that with my son's 1198 when it gets put back together. :wink2:

Ahh memories...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just once or twice on say, 25 mph roads with cars parked on the side of the street and doing a loud, guilty pleasure coast to a stop sign or whatever >:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts