Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 996 and I have adjusted the idle up 100 rpm by moving a stop screw located near the throttle bodies. It looks like it just prevents the throttle from closing by adjusting this screw.

Is this the correct way to adjust the idle ?

Also if this is the correct way, will this way also work on the 999 ?
(A buddy has a 999 and needs his idle adjusted but I have yet to look at the 999 with the fairings off to see if this is an option) I don't want to adjust someone's idle this way if it is incorrect.

Thanks in advance :D

·
comrade moderator
26,795 Posts
You can't adjust the idle on a xx9 bike without cutting a hole in the top of the airbox.

If you want to go for it (I did), use a 1" hole saw and cut a hole in the top left rear corner where it rounds down. It will take a long 4mm hex wrench to reach the adjustment. Slap a piece of duct tape over the hole when you are done.

I've been told you have to use the mathesis thingy to do this, and what I did was wrong. Whatever...it worked great for me!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
don't go cutting holes!!! my service tech adjusted with pulling little rubber plugs out .bike running with the left side fairing off and a long screwdriver.you should use the mathesus box for proper mixture

1 - 4 of 4 Posts